Thursday 3 September 2015

VeganMoFo 2015 #3: Easiest ever homemade dumplings



3: Quick, easy and delicious.

I knew yesterday's theme of childhood meals was always going to be one of my faovurites for the month, I loved seeing all the different recreations! From the simple cheese and pickle sandwich to an interpretation of a trifle... with waffles! Today, however, it is all about the quick and the easy.

Homemade dumplings are certainly delicious, though they may not seem like they are particularly quick or easy. After all, even if you are using pre-made wrappers you still have to make the filling and stuff them. Let me show you this super important life hack!

Have a friend make a big batch and give you a baggie of them to keep in your freezer! Simple as that! In my case, that friend was Amy, who nicely supplied me with dumplings that I recently discovered underneath a loaf of bread.

Dumplings


Boil some water and add them until they are translucent, drain, eat! I like to eat them with my favourite dumpling accessories, lots of black vinegar and my pink glitter Hello Kitty Chopsticks.

Dumplings


So there you have it, the quickest way to homemade dumplings. Kind of. ;)

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post: Month of Gizmo

Gizmo


This is one of my favourite photos of Gizmo, I took it from outside while she was looking out the window in the sun room.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Gizmo! ha ha, I love your quick and easy method of having a friend cook for you. My quick and easy meal will be arriving courtesy of the freezer as well. Thank goodness for freezers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dumplings are a total favourite of mine. We often get some from the asian supermarket near by (i wish someone would make me handmade ones!) and we have found some vegan buns and scallion pancakes so we like to do a big cook up of all of that. Makes us feel like we are at a restaurant, in all of about 10 mins cooking time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting someone else to do it is definitely easy and quick! I found dumplings surprisingly easy to make actually (usually frozen wrappers of course, I wouldn't go so far as to make my own). They're still too fiddly to be called "quick" though I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Excellent! And Happy MoFo to ya! Swing by my place when you have a moment :)
    http://MyBlissfulJourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love finding freezer surprises like that! And I'd forgotten how much I used to love black vinegar. It's great on chips (fries). I must pick some up next time I'm in Chinatown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I need an Amy friend =) These sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is quick, easy, and delicious! What a life-changing hack! :P

    That is a beautiful picture of Gizmo. She looks like she's deep in thought, thinking about treats, naps, and maybe SQUIRRELS!

    ReplyDelete