Sunday 13 September 2015

VeganMoFo 2015 #13: My kitchen



12. It's kitchen tour time!

I blogged about my kitchen way back in MoFo 2008, when it was a brand new kitchen that I got to help design. Seven years later and it is still going strong. Let's take a look!

My double oven. I love my double oven. My only regret is that we got an Electrolux brand, which I now know isn't always accurate with temperatures. You can see that in this photo I have the bottom oven on, it is baking something for tomorrow's post. I would actually one day like a triple oven, two regular sized ones and one super wide one. Is that greedy?

Kitchen


Moving slightly to the right you can see the first bench. It contains my most beloved KitchenAid stand mixer, as well as the shitty Breville blender we bought (I am so disappointed in it compared to my old Breville blender!), the sink and our 'small and regularly used appliance cupboard'.

Kitchen


And to the right again. We have an induction stove top, which is good but it is annoying to buy pans that will actually work on it. I love my pink retro kitchen scales (I also have some digital scales down the side there as well for accurate measuring), and as you can see we have lots of spices and mugs! That little pink pot you can see on the counter is my beloved nutritional yeast jar.

Kitchen


Everything below the counter is drawers, which makes for very efficient storage. They all have the soft-close mechanism, which means it is impossible to slam them dramatically closed. Check out the corner drawers!

Kitchen


On the other side of the servery is the dining room, which also has the pantry cupboard and a chest freezer.

Kitchen


The bottom sections of the pantry cupboard are devoted to 'slightly larger and reasonably frequently used appliances'. I have an appliance problem. We also have a 'large and infrequently used appliance' shelf in another room.

Kitchen


There is also my cookbook shelf. This shelf is actually normally packed, the spaces you can see is because I have books out for MoFo planning. I also have another shelf starting in the lounge room, in addition to the shelves there that have Mum's cookbooks as well.

Kitchen


In case you are wondering, the fridge is opposite where the oven is. I didn't include a photo of what is in my fridge, because I live with omnivore parents, and while it is mostly vegan in there (yay!), there are some other things as well. Here is a photo of some of my magnet collection instead.

Kitchen


That is my kitchen! I love poking around kitchens when I visit people, so I am looking forward to seeing everyone's kitchens today.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post: Month of Gizmo

Gizmo helps me study the liver


Gizmo was a very intelligent cat, and was a very good study helper.

12 comments:

  1. I think it's the first time I see a double oven in a regular home! I would have liked that yesterday when I was cooking my granola for an hour and had to wait for it to be finished before I could warm up my shepherd's pie (I don't have a microwave oven).

    You do have a lot of cookbooks! I see you have the old and the new edition of Vegan Planet?

    Your kitchen is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have them both, there are some nice new recipes in the new version. Robin is one of my favourite cookbook authors, so I like to support her by buying all her books.

      Delete
    2. Good point!

      I have the old Vegan Planet, which was one of the only vegan books available at the time. I just ate the Ribollita cabbage soup today. I've done it so many times.

      I'm a big fan of Vegan on the Cheap too.

      Delete
  2. fun post! you are so lucky to have a double oven. Just tonight I had to wait one hour for one thing to finish baking at one temp before I could put in another item at a lower temp. Geeez. I also know what you mean about positioning appliances and gadgets according to frequency of use! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The appliance hierarchy is very important! ;)

      Delete
  3. We had a double oven at home when I was growing up. Seeing yours made me feel all nostalgic... I also have to say that I am very envious of your cookbook collection - it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many new cookbooks I want to buy! It sounds like I have a lot when you count the numbers, but it still looks too small to me. ;)

      Delete
  4. We have a double oven. Honestly I think it's what sold the house to us! What a lovely kitchen and so well organised too. I would love to see a blog post sometime about all your gadgets. Looks like you have a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fun idea! Once MoFo is done I will pull them all out. One of them I haven't even used yet.

      Delete
  5. OMG, ALL THOSE DRAWERS!!! I wish I had that much storage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! Of course the drawers are mostly full now and I still want to get more stuff.

      Delete
  6. Your kitchen is adorable! I love it!!! It's so cozy =) I love the double oven and am a teensy bit jealous of it ;p
    And wow - appliances!! I don't even know what all of them are. I especially love the pink kitchen aid mixer - I've always wanted one, but know I wouldn't really use it. It would just look pretty on my counter ;p
    It looks like you have a nice, big window to let in lots of natural light too =)

    ReplyDelete