Tuesday 29 September 2015

VeganMoFo 2015 #29: Road trip snack attack.



29. What would you bring on a vegan road trip?

Another weekend of OzComicCon done! I had a wonderful time, though I have succumbed to the dreaded ConFlu, but it was worth it. Long days, but great people! I was a guest handler, and looked after Brian Krause (who was Leo in Charmed), and he was lovely. I also discovered that Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter) is a vegan cat lady, and speaking of vegan I had some delicious dinners in Sydney as well! Now I have a weekend of MoFo posts to catch up on, but first I give you today's penultimate post!

I kind of don't mind road trips, if you are going somewhere exciting, have pretty scenery and a good soundtrack. Good company is nice, but I am happy to road trip alone. Of course, being a road trip you need to have road trip snacks. It is no good to get hungry.

I have a handy little cooler, so for longer trips I generally will pack a sandwich or two. Often peanut butter features in my sandwiches, because it is easy to eat one handed and not get filling dripping everywhere. Also, you don't really need a cooler for peanut butter sandwiches, though if you are having fancier fillings it is probably advisable. Cookies are good to. Preferably home baked, because store bought cookies tend to be a bit too dry and crumbly, so you get crumbs all over your lap. Also maybe some hummus and veggie sticks, for when you are a passenger or if you stop somewhere. Fruit is also good. Bananas are best for driving, if someone peels it for you. Nothing too juicy or sticky.

However, when driving (or flying, or working long days at OzComicCon) it is essential to have a handy supply of a variety of perfectly portioned snack foods. Don't worry, I've got you covered...

Snacks


Actually, this photo doesn't quite give you an accurate idea of the actual size of my pile. Yeah, okay, so I am a panic buyer when it comes to being hungry. This pile is a little leftover VVC swag bag, and a lot of random buying at grocery and health food stores. I put this pile together for my OzComicCon weekends, because with long hours and limited food availability I needed to know that I could eat if I got hungry. The thought of being stuck somewhere and being hungry causes mild alarm, I always have a couple of bars in my handbag everyday just in case. So I think it is best to be prepared. So don't worry, if you are road tripping with me you won't go hungry!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo


One year Gizmo met Santa. You can see how thrilled she was about this.

15 comments:

  1. ohhhhh Gizmo looks hilarious! Ha ha that's made my morning/lunch! You got a good road trip selection there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because all kitties dream of meeting Santa one day. ;)

      Delete
  2. That is one good snack stash! I am well impressed. I think you've got the road trip thing nailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you'd be a great road trip buddy! Gizmo looks like ahhh get me out of here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices for a vegan road trip!
    http://MyBlissfulJourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha Gizmo is so NOT into Santa. All those bars!!!! You're worse than me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She misplaced her Christmas cheer that year. ;)

      Delete
  6. "This pile is a little leftover VVC swag bag,"
    How is that even possible that you have leftovers? Pretty sure mine were gone within a week ;p
    Loving your snack choices. I forget about Cliff bars, I used to really enjoy those. It's funny how you go through phases of forgetting things sometimes and then remember and get excited.
    The weekend sounds fun! And you got to meet some very cool sounding people =)
    Very cute picture of Gizmo and Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a hoarder, so there are a still a couple of PureFit bars left. Though I recently saw some of them in in Sydney, so maybe I can get them in Brisbane now.

      Delete
  7. The ConFlu, hehehe!

    Those Late July "sandwiches" are so amazing and addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ConFlu is real! Someone just called in Cosplague, which is clever.

      Delete
  8. ha ha. I am also a total panic-buyer when it comes to hunger prevention. I have a special crate in my cupboards just for all the bars I am constantly buying (and eating). I love trying new ones, and plus i love stocking up on my usual favorites.

    ReplyDelete