Thursday 17 February 2022

Eating Out: The Green Edge

I think this is my second last post I have saved where I actually ate out, in those blessed in the middle times, between Delta (which thankfully never really took off in QLD) and Omicron (which is now everywhere). And it was at my old favourite, The Green Edge. I stopped in there for a late breakfast before heading off to work, which was very fun to do. You can see my previous posts about The Green Edge here.

I was there to eat off their new breakfast menu. I really wanted to try the Smoked Salmon Rosti Stack, which had two rosti, smoked salmon, poached egg, and a dill and caper sauce. Or rather, I wanted to try the rosti stack part, but I am not a fan of the smoked salmon (they use Sophies). So I asked for it with bacon instead, and got some wilted greens on the side. This was a winning combination, and one I highly recommend!

Rosti Stack with Bacon and Wilted Greens at The Green Edge


I also got a PB&J smoothie, which is peanut butter a smoothie. While not as beautifully presented as the last time I had it, it was still just as delicious!

PB&J Smoothie at The Green Edge


I got a snack and a salad to take with me, planning on having them while I was at work. But that breakfast really filled me up a lot. It wasn't until I was almost at the end of my shift that I was feeling a bit peckish. So I snacked on the Flour of Life Vegemite and Cheese Scroll I have picked up.

Flour of Life Vegemite and Cheese Scroll from The Green Edge


And I had my salad for dinner after I got home! It was my favourite Chicken Caesar Salad. I bought one a while ago that just wasn't as good, which was sad, but I a, happy to report that this one was back to their original glory.

Chicken Caesar Salad from The Green Edge


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara


While this photo was randomly chosen from the archives, I did want to make sure I had Sahara on the post today. Today, the 17th of February, is the fifth anniversary of Sahara's passing. I cannot believe it has been so long. I want to be with my girls again.

5 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what Sophie's smoked salmon is like? We have it here now but the cost alarms me and it seems like it doesn't have much going for it nutritionally, so I hadn't tried it yet. But I always wonder if I'm missing something I might love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them once here when they were $2 per packet, which is something that they often seem to be. They are made from konjac. I don't actually mind konjac in other forms, but the way these were so thinly sliced the jelly/slimy texture just didn't suit me. The flavour was just OK, but nothing great. I definitely prefer carrot smoked salmon. I wouldn't buy it at full price, if you get it on sale, give it a try.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the input! I don't know if I've ever had konjac, but I tend to dislike glass noodles for sliminess so I'm wary--although I love okra and it's slimy so who knows? I'll wait for a sale. There are plenty of things left to try in the world anyway!

      Delete
  2. I hope you are getting my comments...it doesn't look like they are 'acting' like normal. Regardless - I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Bliss1 March 2022 at 23:01

    Also...how did they do that poached egg?

    ReplyDelete