Monday 14 February 2022

Recipe Round-Up: 1000 Vegan Recipes

It's been a while since I've done a mini round-up of my huge backlog of recipes from 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson, so let's take a minute to dip back in and see a few things. All tempeh all the time in this round-up. You can see my previous round-ups here.

Teriyaki Tempeh: This recipe uses a teriyaki marinade that you make from scratch, before pan-frying the tempeh and then simmering down the rest of the marinade with it to make a thick glaze. This teriyaki was good, but on the salty, I prefer a bit more sweetness in mine. Served with rice and some steamed broccoli.
Rating: :)

Teriyaki Tempeh


Barbecued Tempeh: You need to make your BBQ sauce first for this recipe, but it is very easy. I left out the capsicum from it. The BBQ sauce has a nice flavour, with molasses and mustard involved. Once you have made the sauce, it is added to pan-fried tempeh and simmered further to really get that flavour in. I served it over brown rice with a salad.
Rating: :)

Barbecue Tempeh


Orange-Bourbon Tempeh: I don't drink these days, but I was able to source a small amount of bourbon to make this recipe. The tempeh is simmered in a marinade to really get the flavour in, before being cooled and coated in flour, pan-fried and simmered with the orange-bourbon sauce. The orange and bourbon went very nicely together, it is certainly not something I would have thought about making. I have drunk bourbon once upon a time, and it made me really really sad. I am glad to report that this did not have a similar effect!
Rating: :)

Orange-Bourbon Tempeh


Tempeh Cacciatore: This photo is particularly atrocious. Some of these recipes have been sitting in my blogging backlog for over a decade now, so I can only plead the ignorance of use. But, photographic atrocities aside, this was a delightful dinner (thank goodness I keep notes of everything I make!). Very simple, with onion nad carrot, and diced tomatoes, white wine, and some herbs. I left out the capsicum. I served it over some spinach fettuccine, along side some steamed broccoli.
Rating: :)

Tempeh Cacciatore


(% 1000 Vegan Recipes blogged: 33.5%) - Just over one third now!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Possum


Continuing our month of random photos from the archives, today turned up this cute photo of Possum having a snooze on the deck chair!

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm craving tempeh! Fortunately I have some on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are able to fill that craving!

      Delete
  2. I've been offline and on the road for multiple days and wanted to swing by and catch up! LOTS of great things you have posted here. The Tempehs look amazing! What flavors you have highlighted! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your travels were good, I am sure I will catch up with them on your blog.

      Delete