Wednesday 2 February 2022

Midweek Munchies

Still tired. Still here.

I tried out the new Nature's Kitchen Mushroom Carbonara ready meal, only realising after I bought it that the sauce is based on coconut cream. Though it wasn't too overpowering or gross, which was a surprise. Otherwise is was a pleasant enough dinner (with some baby spinach, of course), but nothing outstanding. Needed more mushrooms and mushroom flavour.

Nature's Kitchen Mushroom Carbonara


I had a sourdough crumpet left after buying some at the markets, just handing around in my freezer. I make indian spiced fried crumpet with it, which I saw a friend do on their IG one time and I googled up. Just chop or tear up your crumpet into smaller pieces, and fry with some oil or vegan butter and whatever spices you desire. I used garam masala, garlic power, cumin, and coriander. I served it just with some sauteed spinach and mango chutney. A few way to do something different with crumpets!

Spiced Crumpet


I love pickles, and was intrigued when I found these carrot and daikon pickles with mandarin yuzu. They are lovely pickles, with large thin slices of carrot interpersed with a few slices of daikon. They are great to put as is on sandwiches, or slice up to sprinkle over sushi bowls. The only small let down is I was looking forward to a very citrus forward pickling juice, but it is pretty subtle.

Japanese Pickles


An easy dinner using some packaged tofu, frozen vegetables, and the Passage to Asia satay sauce. The sauce on its own does have a bit of a spicy kick, but maxing through the vegetables and tofu and serving over rice helped cool it down. I had spent so long checking the ingredients on the back to make sure there was no chili, I didn't notice that it has a half chili coloured in on the front. I guess chili goes under spices or something in the ingredients. I also added some leftover baby corn I had in the fridge to go with the rest of the vegetables.

Satay Tofu Stir-Fry


Satay Tofu Stir-Fry


Finally, my friend gave some some of these Fancy Plants chia pudding. I am not a huge chia pudding person, I have issues with the texture. I had all these plans to do this and that with them, but I ended up just eating them out of the tub. Texture issues aside, the flavours were good.

Fancy Plants


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


Boo treating herself to some hot stone acupressure in the cat max. Why do some cats insist on lying on rocks and stones? Who knows. They are wonderful mysteries sometimes!

7 comments:

  1. Your Indian spiced crumpet sounds so yummy - I am going to have yo try that! Sorry to hear you are feeling tired. Sending you happy thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I definitely recommend trying the crumpet thing.

      Delete
  2. I put all my chia puddings in the blender. Makes me a happier person. I'm not sure if that would work with already-prepped chia pudding but it might?

    Maybe the temperature of the rocks is nice? We used to have a little bronze sculpture at work that I enjoyed putting my face against because it was so nice and cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she likes it because it is warmer. The colony cats at work love lying on the rocks in their enclosure as well.

      Delete
  3. I swear cats know things we will never know or be able to understand! They are AMAZING, aren't they? All of your foods and finds look wonderful! I especially like that Green Bowl/Dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so wonderful and amazing. I feel like it we could have a peek in at their thoughts, out brains would explode!

      Delete
  4. I love this pic of Boo!

    And Jorts' boot bed is at least as mystifying as these stones. :D

    ReplyDelete