Friday 19 November 2021

Eating Out: The Green Edge

My final eating out adventure to celebrate my birthday was at old favourite The Green Edge (you can see my other posts about it here).

I went with another friend, and they had just launched a new breakfast menu. She went with a classic, the Avo on Toast. This has avocado, hummus, crumbled feta, lemon wedge, and dukkah, with sourdough toast. She also got a hashbrown on the side, because of course.

Avo on Toast at The Green Edge


I got the Mushroom Hot pot, which was a variety of mushrooms braised in a garlic and herb broth, wilted greens, and sourdough soldiers. It was delicious, I asked for a spoon so I could make sure to get all that delicious broth, none to be wasted. I also got a hashbrown on the side, because of couse.

Mushroom Hot Pot at The Green Edge


I also got a PB&J smoothie, which was peanut butter, blueberries, cacao, and banana. They use an almond-coconut blend milk as their standard with smoothies, but I asked for mine on oat milk. It came out and it was so beautiful! Almost too pretty to drink, but definitely too yummy to not drink.

PB&J Smoothie at The Green Edge


I hope you enjoyed this run of eating out posts! I'll be returning to other sorts of posts soon.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


Dim Sim, because I love her and miss her every single day.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I think I would eat a hashbrown on the side of almost any savoury meal! And wow, that is a fancy smoothie, what a great flavour combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potatoes are an every meal food!
      I loved that they used blueberries in the smoothie.

      Delete
  2. Oh my. Peanut butter is life but PB & J is heaven and that looks amazing. Wonder how it would be with strawberries. Cannot believe Dim Sim has been gone as long as she has. I know you miss your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawberries are my fave, but I liked the twist of using blueberries here. I beet it owuld be great with strawberries.

      Delete