Thursday 10 February 2022

Midweek Munchies

Munch monch.

Finding a fun new drink always makes me happy! This is ginger and rose water kefir. It was lovely, but I wish the rose flavour was a bit stronger. It definitely had a good kick of ginger!

Ginger and Rose Kefir


In the pre-omnicron times, my friend and I had a fun day of bao and baked and we watched Encanto, which is a wonderful movie that I love! We tried the Pam Pam mushroom buns, which were quite nice. And of course vegan BBQ buns are always required. Delicious! We also tried some of the Earth products, heating up some Porkless Spring Rolls and Chickenless Money Bags. The flavour of these were fine, but even baked they were just too oily for me to eat more than a few without feeling a bit sick.

Steamed Buns


Steamed Buns


Earth Things


Earth Things


With supply chain issues being all over the place, sometimes I have not been able to get my favourite Vitasoy Oat Milk. So one week I got a variety of others to try. The Minor Figures Barista Oat Light was gross, it was watery and too sweet and had a weird after taste. Plus I realised after I bought it that it didn't have any calcium. The Coles Organic Oat Milk Unsweetened was not bad, though had a bit of an after taste. It was calcium-fortified at least! The best was the So Good Oat No Added Sugar, which is very similar in taste and consistency to the Vitasoy. As well as having calcium, it also has B12 added. So this is now my go to if I cannot get my Vitasoy Oat Milk.

Oat Milks


Let's finish on a sweet note, with these Love Raw treats. Shockingly, their peanut butter cups are actually pretty great! I say shockingly because I am notoriously picky about peanut butter cups. The best are Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, which I can't get here. These are not on the level of excellence that Justin's is, but they are not too sweet, and have a good chocolate to peanut butter ratio. Success! The cookie butter cups are also a fun time. The wafer bars are filled with a hazelnut cream. They are crispy and light, and a fun treat, but are very sweet.

Love Raw treats


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


This post's random kitty archive photo is this blurry but cute photo of Dim Sim! The older cameras really struggled with taking photos of black cats.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, supply chain issues, how we love them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't like Minor Figures, haha. I live in Philadelphia and our whole city (especially vegans here) have such a vendetta against them because they tried to do a guerilla street art campaign with posters and ended up covering up a HUGE amount of existing street art and murals which is such a big no no. Good to know their product is gross anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?? Wow, that's extremely messed up. Trash company making a trash product!

      Delete
  3. Some more wonderful finds! I love seeing the brands you have located there. Maybe some day we can get them here, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of these products are Australian, which is cool. With the exception of Minor Figures (US) and Love Raw (UK).

      Delete