Wednesday 16 February 2022

Midweek Munchies

Hello friends. Hope everyone is holding in there, we can only do the best we can. Let's look at some snacks.

A while ago when I got that Seaweed Chocolate, I also got some of these seaweed snacks. They are unfortunately fairly meh. Lots of seeds, held together by what tastes like mostly coconut oil, with just a hint to seaweed. The chocolate one is better, just because the cocoa masks the coconut flavour a little bit. In each pack is four squares, but they are very soft and hard to get out of the packet without just mushing it and the seeds breaking apart. Give these a miss and stick to the chocolate.

Seaweed Snacks


Battle of the Strawberry Pistachio chocolates! The Pana one had a great dark chocolate taste, but the chocolate had an oddly too soft texture and there wasn't much in the way of strawberries or pistachios. The Maleny Chocolate Co one had excellent amounts of strawberries and pistachios, but the chocolate was too sweet. I need to combine the two of them for the ultimate strawberry pistachio chocolate bar.

Strawberry Pistachio Chocolates


Picked up this packet of Vegan Gyoza at Woolworths. You can either microwave or bake them. I tried both ways, obviously baking them was the best. However, as you cook from frozen, I found that the instructions for both ways left some with cold middles. So be sure to give them some extra time when heating.

Grilled Vegan Gyoza


Grilled Vegan Gyoza


This silly drink was refreshing, and tasted mostly like lemon. I guess the purpose of this drink is to decrease inflamation and increase vitality. It did neither of those things, but it was nice to drink.

Silly Drink


Let's finish off this post with these sadly limited edition Hot Dog flavoured Thins potato chips. They mostly tasted of mustard, with a little hint of tomato sauce. But they were really really good. The need to become regular edition because I would definitely buy these again if I could.

Hot Dog Chips


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


Today would have been Dim Sim's 22nd birthday. I miss her so much. I cannot listen to the Taylor Swift song 22 without crying for my baby girl. This is a photo from the randomly selected archives, showing her as a full little loaf when she was but a youthful 12 years old. Happy birthday my love, I miss you.

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely chow down on hot dog flavored potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More interesting finds! I LOVE seeing them and hearing about them!

    ReplyDelete