Monday 7 February 2022

Eating In: Mexican, Chinese, Ramen

Some more things that I either took home or had delivered.

Sometimes you just want something fresh and light, and that is where getting a burrito bowl from Zambreros delivered. I got the IQ bowl, which has black rice, pinto beans, cos, guac, and salsa. Getting it vegan means you get extra rice and beans, and most importantly extra guac, no charge! I always get it with the zesty and non-spicy trezigo sauce. I added some vegan sour cream and cheese for fun, but given the cost of these additions, how much you get, and what they bring to the flavour, I wouldn't bother next time. One day I will try their vegan nachos, and the vegan sour cream and cheese will have their time to shine.

IQ Bowl with Vegan Cheese and Sour Cream from Zambreros


Woka Woka is a group of Chinese restaurants near me, and they recently added a Woka Woka vegetarian delivery option. I got some dumplings, and a Buddah delight. They do have some mock meat dishes as well, but I was feeling basic. Let's be real, I am often feeling basic when it comes to things like this. I just love a big stir-fry of mushrooms and vegetables! I only wish it had a bit of tofu in it.

Dumplings from Woka Woka Vegetarian


Buddha's Delight from Woka Woka Vegetarian


Guzman y Gomez is another Mexican-inspired chain, and they recently added some a Chimi Shredded Mushroom option to their rotation. This is msuhroom meat ala Fable. I also love chimichurri sauce. These had the mushroom meat, lettuce, tomato, salsa and their vegan chimi mayo. I had to pick out the raw onion from the salsa, but other than that these were very lovely. Unfortunately I think they were only limited edition, as I don't see them on their regular menu online.

Mushroom Chimmi Tacos from GyG


Finally, some ramen! The vegan ramen from Ramen Danbo, with extra tofu. I also added the baby spinach once it arrived, because I had some in the fridge that was about to go off. While this isn't my favourite vegan ramen available in Brisbane, it is my favourite vegan ramen that I can have delivered to me!

Vegan Ramen from Ramen Danbo


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara in a cave


Next up for the randomly selected kitty photo is this cutie patootie photo of when Sahara suggled herself into a little cave in a basket of blankets. She looks so snug.

4 comments:

  1. I would scarf up each of these meals! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love some tofu ramen, and yes, best-you-can-get-delivered is often the best option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Would love to go out and eat some amazing ramen, but getting some decent ramen delivered is still a delight.

      Delete