Saturday 5 November 2016

VeganMoFo 2016 #5: Midnight Munchies



5th: Late Night Snack – Tell us what you’re midnight snacking on!

I am almost never awake at midnight, I am an early to bed kind of person. And if for some reason I am up, I don't want to be eating a whole bunch of something heavy. Sorry Liz Lemon, no night cheese at my place! But I do have a couple of things on hand for the odd time I wake up in the middle of the night and have a grumbly tummy. Just a few emergency small snacks. I don't want to eat anything too big, or I will never get back to sleep!

I love dried apple rings, they are quite filling without being heavy.

Also, naked ginger... that is crystallized ginger but without the sugary coating. They are good if you are feeling a bit ookey in your tummy as well, very soothing. And so warming! I keep these in my bedside drawer, so I don't have to actually get up to get food. I want to be back asleep as soon as possible. Speaking of ginger, I love these mango ginger chews as well.

I also keep a little individually wrapped Lotus (aka speculoos) cookie in my bedside table, just in case I need something a little less fruity.

Emergency Snacks


Do you have emergency late night snacks stashed anywhere? Or do you go make something from the kitchen if you are hungry?

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

1994_11_PossumAndSusan


Our final family cat, who was with us for a very long time, was Possum (who has popped up on my blog many times before). He was a rescue kitten that was being rehomed through a petshop. I was in grade 8 and had gone in just to look while my mum and brother were buying some sneakers. And I fell in love, and brought them along, and it was also love. And so, there was love. (Random note: I still have that dress! I wear it as a comfy house dress for hot days, and I also recently wore it as part of an outfit for a 90's party.)

7 comments:

  1. I'm like you, an early to bed to bed person. I usually have chocolate by my bed, so sometimes I'll have a square!
    I love that picture! Possum looks so comfy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were both pretty comfy there!
      Chocolate seems like a good bedside snack.

      Delete
  2. We go to bed late - usually about midnight. We always have a cup of tea and whatever cake or brownie or biscuit is hanging around before bed, so I guess that's a midnight snack! If I wake in the night and need food, I usually will have a banana or a cup of hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that you always have a cake or brownie or biscuit around!

      Delete
  3. "I am almost never awake at midnight, I am an early to bed kind of person." Ditto!
    Sounds like you have a good snack stash!
    I hate to admit it... but if I'm late night snacking, it tends to be things like potato chips - not the best, but they are tasty ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually rarely eat chips, I find a lot of them too oily. Unless they are salt and vinegar chips, in which case out of my way I will eat the whole packet.

      Delete
  4. That is the cutest photo of a sleeping kitty I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete