Sunday 30 October 2022

Recipe Round-Up: Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen

Today I am finishing up my current round-up of Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen, by Chloe Coscarelli. You can see previous round-ups and posts about this book here.

Tuscan Tofu Scramble: I love a tofu scramble! This one has mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and basil in it, as well as a bunch of seasonings. I also added some baby spinach, because I am a spinach monster. I also increased the nutritional yeast in it, because I am also a nutritional yeast monster. Served with some roasted potatoes and avocado.
Rating: :)

Tuscan Tofu Scramble


Tempeh with 40 Cloves of Garlic: As regular readers will know, I have a low tolerance to garlic these days. I made a half recipe of this, which gave one serve (it says the whole recipe serves four, that would be small serves), and I decreased to garlic to six cloves. To be honest, I was still a bit worried, but the way the garlic was cooked made it extremely mellow, and the lemony sauce was lovely.
Rating: :)

Tempeh with 40 Cloves of Garlic


Rosemary Lentils with Roasted Tomatoes and Garlicky Broccolini: This is incredible! It has such lovely flavours. A thick lentil stew, beautifully sweet roasted tomatoes, and then the green punch of the broccolini (yes, I did reduce the garlic). It does have a few steps to this recipe, but it is incredibly worth it.
Rating: :D

Rosemary Lentils with Roasted Tomatoes and Garlicky Broccolini


Orange-Zested Chocolate Chip Scones: I made these for an afternoon snack. I used a food processor to make the dough, which was quite sticky, but they baked up great. The flavour combination of orange and chocolate is a favourite of mine.
Rating: :)

Orange-Zested Chocolate Chip Scones


Lemon Thyme Italian Soda: I don't drink fizzy drinks (except kombucha), so whenever I am making a recipe like this I make it flat by using coconut water in place of the seltzer. It works and makes things even more refreshing! This has a very subtle thyme flavour, which was nice with the lemon. I did find it a bit sweet making it as written, so I did dilute it out with a bit more coconut water.
Rating: :)

Lemon Thyme Italian Soda


Pomegranate Mint Italian Soda: As above, I used coconut water instead of seltzer. This was super easy to make, there was no syrup to cook down like with the drink above, just mix a few simple ingredients together and chill.
Rating: :)

Pomegranate Mint Italian Soda


Strawberry Basil Milkshake: Strawberry is the best flavour of milkshake, that is just a fact. This is easy to make, using ice cream, frozen strawberries, and fresh basil with a few other things. The basil taste was very subtle though, so I would definitely add more next time to really be able to appreciate it in the drink.
Rating: :)

Strawberry Basil Milkshake


Polenta Berry Cobbler: I love the texture that polenta gives the topping on this cobbler. You can you any sort of frozen berries, I used a mix of Dark Berry from Woolworths, which had cherries, black currants, and blackberries (I've included a photo of the bag below for those of you in Australia), which was a perfect mix for a winter dessert. I did not serve this with the Vanilla Gelato recipe from this book, but instead another homemade vanilla ice cream I had in the freezer.
Rating: :)

Polenta Berry Cobbler


Polenta Berry Cobbler


Woolworths Dark Fruits Blend


Basic Bechamel: I made the bechamel recipe in the book to use for some random casserole thing I put together one day. This is a cashew based bechamel, and even though it has cooked onion and garlic blended in to it, it is still just bland overall. Needs more seasoning!
Rating: :|

Basic Bechamel


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


Eloise, just stretching out. She loves to lie with one or both of her legs stretched out behind her. Such a little doofy sploot. I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment