Wednesday 19 October 2022

Midweek Munchies

Here we go again.

A few months before Treat Dreams closed forever (RIP), they released a bunch of limited edition flavours. We didn't realise quite how limited edition! Anyway, I ordered a ton of new flavours, plus some old favourites. You'll be seeing them pop up in here, but this was my glorious haul.

Treat Dreams


Fry's came out with some new Steak Style Pies. They were pretty good! Excellent pastry and the filling was satisfying.

Fry's Pies


These Cheesy Nooch Buckweaves suffered from what so many chips do, they didn't quite have enough flavour. Until you got down to the bottom of the bag, where all the flavour had settled. Then it was lick your fingers good! So shake the bag first.

Cheesy Chips


We've been getting Sheese slices for ages in the supermarkets, and now they have also been selling this block cheese. It is pretty nice, and good to eat straight from the packet. Even though Sheese does have coconut oil in it, it isn't overpowering and gross like biocheese, so I would need to eat a lot before I felt sick. Thank goodness, because cheese options for me are few and far between these days.

Sheese Block


So many new burgers these days. Enough with the burgers already. Give us something new please! I got these Future Burgers on sale, and I am glad I didn't pay full price because they were completely forgettable. I sure hope this isn't the future of vegan burgers. I made BBQ pineapple bacon cheeseburgers with them.

Future Burger


Future Burger


Eggplant Hommus is like a perfect baby between hommus and baba ganoush. I really liked this, though it is not something I see around. I need to go back to the shop I bought it.

Eggplant Hummus


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


Eloise loves showing off how long her legs are. I just realised that her face is a bit blurry in this. She also loves to move her head as soon as the camera comes out.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you got a Treat Dreams haul! I was too slow. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you--so tired of endless supplies of new burgers and chick'n nuggets. I miss my old favorites! Bring back my beefless tips, please! But then I remind myself what it was probably like for people going vegan in other decades, and try to just be grateful for what I've got--it's not bad, all things considered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first went vegan we had tofu and then some mock meats (sausages, casserole mince, nut meat) in tins. So things have definitely improved!

      Delete