Wednesday 12 October 2022

Midweek Munchies

Let's just get straight to into it!

Couldn't resist getting this vegan-friedly Pad See Ew sauce! Handily the spicy stuff is in a seperate packet that I can leave out. The sauce itself is a pretty great pad see ew sauce. I made a quick and easy version using pad thai noodles that I had in the cupboard (not as good as fresh rice noodles, but we do what we can), some greens, and some tofu. Very satisfying and I have bought this again.

Pad See Ew


Pad See Ew


Ages ago I posted about getting this seaweed chocolate, that I was super excited for. I'd had the raspberry seaweed chocolate, which was incredible! But this plain seaweed chocolate was a let down, sadly. The chocolate itself wasn't great (too sweet) and the seaweed didn't really give much flavour. I wouldn't get this plain version again.

Seaweed Chocolate


I'd seen these Black Rice Toasties for ages in the fridge section in the shops, but they are so expensive. But I found some on super sale clearance, so I pounced. They are actually really good! I had them with a few different toppings, but I loved it simple with some avocado and tomato. I would almost be tempted to pay full price for these, but if I see them on sale again I will definitely purchase.

Black Rice Toasts


Black Rice Toasts


One of Plantry's newer frozen meal offerings is this Teriyaki Meal, with plant-based chicken and edamame. The flavour of the sauce was good, but it could have been a bit saucier. Edamame are something that I can only have a little bit of, they make my stomach bloat and hurt, and these ones were a bit on the al dente side so I only ate a few.

Plantry Teriyaki Meal


I also tried these Plantry Chicken-Style Burgers. First off,they are shaped annoyingly to put on a bun. Just give me something round. Secondly, you have to bake these from frozen, which I hadn't quite realised until I took them out of the freezer so dinner took a bit longer than planned. Thirdly, they are not good. Taste and texture and both a thumbs down from me.

Plantry Chicken Burgers


Plantry Chicken Burgers


Finally, Coles now has these Get Plant'd deli slices and bacon. They are the same as the Made With Plants brand sold in Woolworths, just packaged under a different house brand for Coles. I like the bacon, you can see it in the burger above. The chicken slices are dry and don't have much flavour. So a miss there. I haven't actually tried the pepperoni slices yet (they are hanging out in my freezer), but everyone says they are great. I will report back when I do.

Get Plant'd


Cute Kitty Photos of the Post

Kittens


The tinest of tiny babies.

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen seaweed chocolate and can't quite envision it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that bacon too! Didn't know that the same one was now at Coles in different packaging, thanks for the intel.

    ReplyDelete