Tuesday 25 October 2022

Eating In: An Assortment

An extremely random assortment of takeaway and deliveries from a while ago!

Is there anything more annoying than a salad place that doesn't have some decent vegan options? Soul Origin used to be one of those places, but thankfully now they offer a few vegan salads that are clearly labeled as vegan. Here I tried the Pumpkin Cous Cous, Falafel, and Vegan Katsu Slaw salads, topped with their vegan aioli.

Pumpkin Cous Cous, Falafel, Katsu and Slaw salads from Soul Origin with Lime Mayo dressing


Baker's Delight is a bakery chain that has long had vegan options. Though I don't tend to be near one very often. But I was this one day, and was moved to buy some treats. This is the Apple Scroll (a long time favourite of mine) and the Finger Bun. The Finger Bun looks like a lot of fun, and it was, but that icing was also very sweet. Still, it reminded me of tuck shop days at school, though those didn't have the hundreds and thousands!

Apple Scroll and Finger Bun from Bakers Delight


Another poke bowl from Cheeki Poke Bowl. I tend to make my own these days, and often can't remember what I put in them! But this had black rice, greens (that don't fit in the bowl so they send them on the side), pumpkin, corn, sweet potato, spinach, tofu and beetroot hummus. I think I was going for an autumn type vibe with this one.

Poke Bowl from Cheeki


A vegan Garden Goodness Burger with Chips from Grill'd.

Grill'd Garden Goodness Burger


I have posted ramen and gyoza from Ramen Danbo on here a few times, but one day I got some of the onigiri. Because who doesn't love warm rice pressed into a triangle and wrapped with seaweed? They sent the seaweed in a seperate bag, so I didn't get super soggy during transit, which was considerate.

Onigiri from Ramen Danbo


Finally, a fun drink! I love that Cha Time has soy milk options now. This is the Strawberry Soy Milk Tea with Lychee Jelly. Sadly they have stopped having the red beans as an add in, because they are my favourite to have with strawberry.

Strawberry Milk Tea with Lychee Jelly from Cha Time


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle and Eloise


More sniffing. Mirabelle sniffing Eloise's toes. They actually sniff each other's faces all the time. But this was very cute as well.

2 comments:

  1. Salad places without decent vegan options are very annoying; it's one of the reasons I don't like Panera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's infuriating. Salads are what the world think vegans eat, and they can't even make a vegan salad at a salad place?

      Delete