Wednesday 5 October 2022

Midweek Munchies

Ever get the feeling that you will just never get your head above the water? Feeling that way a lot. Anyway, here is some food.

I ordered a bunch of these Vegan Chocolate Co chocolates from The Vegan Grocery Store. They are vegan versions of Wagon Wheels, KitKats, Tim Tams, and Cherry Ripes. They were all fine. Good even! The chocolate was just a bit eh. I enjoyed them though!

Vegan Chocolate Co


These chips are available at Coles now and they are incredible! They have such a great cheesy flavour. I have eaten several bags of them and always like to have them in the house. So good.

Cheddar Corn Chips


Made a little bowl using this microwave wasabi rice and these stuffed patties I got from the Korean grocery store. They patties are stuffed with mashed potato, and come with a demiglace sauce. They are a bit tricky to cook, because they are quite thick so the outside browns before the potato centre is fully heated. There are no cooking instructions on the packet. They come frozen, but I defrosted them before cooking. A friend of mine made hers in the airfryer, which would be better I think. But they were nice, and pretty fun to eat. Who doesn't love a mashed potato centre? The rice has a pretty subtle wasabi flavour, I could have done with a bit more.

Poke Bowl


Poke Bowl


Vegan ready made jelly desserts! Aeroplane Jelly makes several flavours of premade jelly cups, and they are all vegan! The pineapple one has a very subtle flavour, but the strawberry one is great! A nice flavour punch! They are stable at room temperature, but I keep one in the fridge for if the jelly urge strikes. The other little pot is SPC Mango in Jelly, that also happens to be vegan! I don't get the jelly urge that often, but it is nice to have something fun to eat when the need strikes, without having to go through the effort and time of making it up from a packet.

Vegan Jellies


I love Pad See Ew! But it is not always easy to find it vegan, and sometimes they are not that great. I was cautiously excited about seeing this Plantry Pad See Ew frozen vegan meal in Woolworths. Is it good? Yes! Is it Pad See Ew? No! The sauce is all wrong for Pad See Ew, but if you are looking for a very savoury and very garlicky sauce, this is your frozen meal!

Plantry Pad See Ew


Finally, this Treat Me Rhett's Peanut Butter Cup. Sigh. I LOVE peanut butter cups, but I am also very fussy about them. Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are the VERY BEST! Theo's are also very good. I can't get either of those here. And so I try others. And am mostly disappointed. But this, this was horrifying! It was SO BAD. The filling tasted mostly like grainy coconut. An abomination of peanut butter cups! Avoid at all costs!!

PB Cups


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post
Kittens


Let's cleanse the palate with some kittens, shall we!

3 comments:

  1. Head? Above water? Who me? Hang in there! Sorry about the peanut butter cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all just hanging in there together.

      Delete
  2. Well all of those chocolates and chips are my flavour faves. But I'll make a mental note to avoid Rhett's.

    ReplyDelete