Sunday 16 October 2022

Recipe Round-Up: Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen

Time for another cookbook to enter the round-up arena, and these next RR posts will be dedicated to Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen, once again by Chloe Coscarelli. You can see previous posts about this book here.

Caprese Skewers: This is a very simple recipe, but with lovely results. Cubes of tofu are seasoned and sauted, then skewered with a basil leaf and half a cherry tomato. Drizzle with some balsamic dressing for a refreshing and tasty little appetiser.
Rating: :)

Caprese Skewers


Roasted Cauliflower with Onion, Garlic, and Thyme: A quick and easy roasted side dish. The thyme adds a great flavour. I served this with some mac and cheese, sliced and sauteed Apple Sage Field Roast, and some BBQ sauce.
Rating: :)

Roasted Cauliflower with Onion, Garlic, and Thyme


Roasted Potatoes with Gremolata: I cheated a bit with the gremolata to make use of what I had and also to make it Susan tummy friendly. I used freeze-dried fresh parsley flakes, garlic powder instead of fresh garlic (no raw garlic for me), and some preserved lemon rind instead of lemon zest, as I didn't have any fresh lemons. This made it all very easy to mix up. Added to roasted potatoes, it was lovely. I made a half recipe and got two serves. Served with some noochy spinach and BBQ glazed tofu.
Rating: :)

Roasted Potatoes with Gremolata


Lemonade Cauliflower: Cauliflower is roasted with maple syrup and tossed with lemon zest, and a very easy but lovely vegetable side dish.
Rating: :)

Lemonade Cauliflower


Lemon Broccoli: Technically this is meant to be Chili Lemon Broccoli, but I just left out the chili flakes. This left me with a lovely simple lemony broccoli.
Rating: :)

Lemon Broccoli


Rosemary Sweet Potatoes with Sweet 'n' Spicy Mustard: Sweet potatoes and rosemary are a match made in heaven, especially when we have a huge rosemary bush in our front yard just ready to be picked. You can use a few different types of mustard for the sauce, I used Dijon, which is mixed up with some brown sugar for quick and easy dipping.
Rating: :)

Rosemary Sweet Potatoes with Sweet 'n' Spicy Mustard


Pasta and Beans: Pasta ai fagioli is a classic, and for good reason. This used cannellini beans, and I used some small tube shaped macaroni as the pasta. It called for an 8 oz tin of tomato sauce and 1 cup of water, instead I used a can of crushed tomatoes because I had that. If doing it this way, I'd recommend also adding some tomato paste for a bit of a deeper tomato flavour. I made the whole recipe, which said it serves 6, but I got 2-3 big servings out of it. I also added some baby spinach, as I love to do.
Rating: :)

Pasta and Beans


Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Brussels Sprouts Leaves: This is a pretty looking soup with the crispy roasted sprouts leaves on top, though as soon as they hit the soup they start getting soggy. This soup has pumpkin and apple in it, so it is quite sweet. I got three serves out of this, and served it with grilled cheese sandwiches and salad.
Rating: :)

Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Brussels Sprouts Leaves


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby


I miss Abby so much.

4 comments:

  1. Out of all of this, I'm most taken with how pretty your roasted potatoes are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby looks so sweet in that picture. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was such a perfect photogenic sweetheart.

      Delete