Tuesday 18 October 2022

Eating Out: Grown

A few days after Abby passed away, my lovely friend Alana motivated me to get up out of bed and meet her for brunch. Getting out of bed and eating were two things that were not high on my agenda, but she gave me the push I needed. I met Alana through Abby, she is involved with the rescue Abby was adopted from, and we had become friends on Instagram. We met at Grown, where I have been several times before. When I made the booking, I asked for an outside table that was well undercover, and they provided with a lovely table for two, tucked under cover and completely separate from other people.

Grown makes the best hot chocolate, and we both got one. Even if you aren't in shock and grief, I recommend getting a big mug to soothe your soul.

Hot Chocolate From Grown


I got the Congee, which came with slow roasted tomatoes, asian greens, woodland mushrooms, ginger, soy and mustard. This was just a perfect savoury bowl of comfort food.

Congee from Grown


I also got a side of one of their amazing Hash Browns, and also some of their fabulous smoked sesame cheese.

Hashbrown and Sesame Cheese from Grown


My friend got their avocado toast on gluten free bread. It came with housemade vegemite, sesame cheese, chickpea crumb, and pickled onion. She also got a hashbrown on the side.

GF Avocado Toast from Grown


On my way back to my car, I had to walk down by the river for a little bit. Which was beautiful. Even though the Brisbane river is brown, it is still nice to be near trees and water.

Brisbane River


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby


I still cannot believe that my beautiful girl is gone. Sometimes it seems like she was a dream. How could that have happened? I love you so much Abby.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. The hot chocolate does look amazing; I hope it helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hash browns and smoked sesame cheese? Wowwww.

    I hope you can keep a happy memory of this meal and Alana's care, even though it came at a tough time.

    ReplyDelete