Friday 3 December 2021

Recipe Round-Up: Cadry's Kitchen (Blog)

Finishing up the recipes I have made from Cadry's Kitchen! Although this is the last part of this current round up (see previous posts here), I still have a bunch of recipes I have bookmarked to make in the future.

Vegan Pulled Pork with Vegan Potato Salad: After seeing the vegan pulled pork on a post by Food For Dissertating, I knew this was a recipe worthy of my precious but dwindling stash of soy curls. And I wasn't wrong, it was DELICIOUS! The whole recipe made two smallish serves, to be honest I could eat the entire thing on my own. I used storebought BBQ sauce to keep it simple. Everyone make this! I served it with some potato salad, also from the blog. I made a half recipe of this, and left out the spring onion but added fresh dill and used smoked paprika. It was a lovely salad, though I wished I had some celery and capers to add to give it a little crunch and pop.
Rating: Pulled pork :D, Potato Salad :)

Vegan Pulled Pork; The Best Vegan Potato Salad


Roasted Gnocchi with Almond Pesto: Cadry introduced me to the idea of roasting gnocchi, and it is delicious. I was excited to do it again! Unfortunately, the only vegan gnocchi I was able to get for this recipe was not great, it had a funny taste. Rude. However, the pesto recipe was lovely!
Rating: :) (just make sure you get some decent gnocchi, not whatever junk I bought.)

Roasted Gnocchi with Vegan Almond Pesto


Mixed Vegetable Ginger & Turmeric Rice: Sometimes you just feel like a whole lot of vegetables, and this is where this recipe comes in! It is very customsiable as well. Of course the main components of ginger, turmeric, and rice must stay! But for the veggies I left out the capsicum, used extra cauliflower, and added zucchini, chickpeas, and spinach along with the carrot and peas. I left out the cayenne from the spices as well. Served with some mango ginger chutney and chopped peanuts.
Rating: :)

Mixed Vegetable Ginger & Turmeric Rice


Vegan Chef Salad with Seitan and Avocado: As things heat up here, big salads become very appealing. This recipe is a great meal in a bowl! For the seitan, I used some Vegusto sausage that I chopped and sauteed, and I used some chopped Sheese Red Leicester slices for the cheese. The dressing is a fantastically fast ranch dressing, that is very easy. All up, a fantastic salad!
Rating: :D

Vegan Chef's Salad with Seitan & Avocado


Creamy Cashew Salad Dressing: An amazing salad dressing, I loved this! It used blended cashews as the base, and is a great way to use up some leftover coriander. I used garlic powder rather than fresh garlic, as I tend to do when the garlic would otherwise be raw. I tossed this through some spinach, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber.
Rating: :D

Creamy Salad Dressing


Peanut Butter Noodles with Fried Hoisin Tofu: This isn't actually Cadry's recipe, but she shared it on her blog so I'll include it here. It is from the High Protein Vegan Cookbook by Ginny Kay McMeans. Peanut butter and hoisin and right up my alley. The hoisin fried tofu is delicious! The peanut sauce was a bit salty and flat, I think adding a bit of leftover hoisin marinade will perk it up. The noodles are thick, glorious, udon - so satisfying to eat!
Rating: :)

Peanut Butter Noodles with Fried Hoisin Tofu


Pierogi Quesadilla with Yoghurt Ranch Dip: The final recipe to share! Cadry says this was inspired by a dish at Chicago Diner, one that I have actually eaten! So I wanted to recreate it at home, Cadry-style. The filling is mashed potatoes and onions, and I added some diced VHam (a suggestion by Cadry) as well. I made the whole filling, and used 6 regular sized tortillas to make three quesadillas. As well as the potato, they also have cheese (I used FYH cheddar) and sauerkraut in them. Served with a very quick to make yoghurt ranch dip. These were great! If you can't make it to Chicago diner, you can still make a little bit of Chicago Diner at home!
Rating: :D

Pierogi Quesadilla with Yoghurt Ranch Dip


Get yourself over to Cadry's blog, and start making some great food!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo Claws


It's December, so please enjoy this beautiful photo of sweet Gizmo dressed as Santa. She was such a tolerant, calm kitty. So ready for festive fun.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for that soy curl pulled pork! It is indeed worth the dwindling stash of soy curls.

    Meanwhile, pierogi quesadillas sound intriguing. I can see how those would be good, especially with sour cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sour cream would be amazing with them, I think that is the traditional pierogi condiment? I've actually never had pierogi!

      Delete
  2. Look at those plates and bowls! Nice job! And Gizmo looks cute and festive! Awwww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was always very tolerant about being dressed up for Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Aw, everything looks so good!! I love seeing all of the recipes you've made. Plus, I'd missed that post from Food for Dissertating, so that was fun to see too. Thank you for making such a wide array of recipes & sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun goign through your blog and bookmarking things to make.

      Delete