Wednesday 8 December 2021

Midweek Munchies

Munch.

How could I say no to ginger and turmeric chews? These are spicy, but in that good gingery way. I have no issues with heat from ginger/wasabi/pepper/horseradish, just from chili. These are a great little pick me up.

Turmeric Ginger Chews


After enjoying the Fable burger patty at Grill'd, I decided to try some of the other Fable products. I'd always been wary because they have coconut oil, but the burger patty let me know that it was within my limits. They have a number of ready meals, like this Teriyaki one. It came with the teriyaki sauce Fable and the rice, I added the spinach and the pickled ginger. Not bad. Though at $9.50 a meal, they are on the pricier side of a ready meal.

Fable Teriayki Ready Meal


A little afternoon snack of some straberry milk (the best flavour of milk) and these amazing Yoshino that I got from a bulk food shop. Yoshino are Japanese rice cracker balls with peanuts inside, and they are SO GOOD! I have been back to buy more several times.

Snacks


Another one I approached with caution, as they do have coconut in them. But these Weis Blood Orange and Dark Chocolate ice cream bars are sensational. The flavours are so good. I highly recommend.

Weis Bars

I have been a big fan of some of the other Health Lab chocolate bars, all weirdly named after Sex and the City characters, but I was a bit wary of the caramel ones. I am just not a caramel fan. My friend gave me a single Mr Big Caramel bar, and I was glad I didn't buy a packet. They are sort of like a Snickers, with caramel and peanuts, but without the nougart. The caramel wasn't too sweet, as I'd feared, but it was just kind of meh and gluggy and dry almost. I'll stick to the cherry and turkish delight ones.

Health Lab Mr Big Caramel Bar


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim Christmas


What Dim Sim thought of Christmas one year. Thank goodness for editing to add fun and festive stickers! You've probably realised that I am going to be sharing Christmas related photos of my girls this year. Abby and Boo have not had their first Christmas with us yet, so I will be looking back on festive times with my three most perfect angel cats.

6 comments:

  1. I've had those Gin-Gin's before. Pretty good! Healthy Snacks, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a ginger chew, especially if I am feeling a bit blah.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love cracker-coated peanuts in all forms. Now you make me want to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought a bunch more yesterday! Can't stop won't stop.

      Delete
  3. Orange and chocolate are the best combination and I would love so much to try those ice cream bars. You highlight some of the most interesting vegan foods that Australia has to offer. Not only do I want to come there to see the beautiful country and people, I'd go crazy on the abundance of vegan foods. I feel the U.S. is sorely lacking in businesses producing vegan foods. Of course, any pic of Dim Sim is a treat - that face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange, because it seems like the US has All The Vegan Foods from here in Australia! But there are definitely some regional variations, and there are a lot of fun things happening here.

      Delete