Sunday 19 December 2021

Eating Out: North Brisbane Vegan Markets

Well friends, Queensland's borders have opened, and over the last three days COVID cases have been increasing every day. Opposite of yay. So while I still have quite a few eating out posts to be shared in my archives, I am not sure that I will be doing much eating out at all in the future. Let alone at something like this, the North Brisbane Vegan Markets. This is at a newer location, upstairs at a shopping centre, and it is actually not a bad one. I met up with my friend last month so we could check it out, and get some food.

I was really excited to try a Breakfast Muffin with scramble and bacon on it, from a stall that sells their own vegan scrambled egg mix. I don't remember the name, and really there is no reason to because sadly this was not good. The scramble tasted weird. And even the tots were so fried and oversalted that they almost hurt my mouth to eat. The lemonade I got as part of the meal deal was also extremely average, not like they just added some lemon juice to water. So no need to look up this stall's name, because I am not going to recommend it or get anything from it again.

Breakfast Burger and Tots at North Brisbane Vegan Markets


My friend got some tacos from Holy Taco. Though they seem more like tacquitos? They are rolled up and crispy. They have three flavours to choose from - potato, beans, and vegan mince. I have completely forgotten what she chose, but she really enjoyed them.

Tacquitos from Holy Taco at North Brisbane Vegan Markets


I fared much better with dessert, getting a Loaded Biscoff Sundae from I Should Coco.

Loaded Biscoff Sundae from I Should Coco at North Brisbane Vegan Markets


And my friend got a crepe with walnuts, strawberries, and caramel sauce. I cannot remember the name of the crepe stall, and not because it was bad. She really liked it. I should try and find the name of it, but I am tired. So if you ever go to the vegan markets, just look for the crepe stall.

Strawberry, Walnut, Caramel Sauce Crepe at North Brisbane Vegan Markets


My friend also got some cute cupcakes from Pippa's Pantry to take home.

Cupcake from Pippa's Pantry at North Brisbane Vegan Markets


I got a Carbonara Pizza with Cheesy Stuffed Crust from Piante Pizza to take home for lunch. This was so good! I've been wanting to try their pizza for a long time.

Carbonara Cheesy Crust Pizza from Piante Pizza at North Brisbane Vegan Markets


I also bought some chocolate, some jerky, and some sourdough crumpets to take home!

Things I bought at North Brisbane Vegan Markets


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Possum


Possum, our sweet family boy, probably had to deal with the reindeer antlers the most. As you can see, he was resigned to his yearly fate.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor possum! I'm glad your cats let you have fun with them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year will be interesting, I suspect Abby will be a 100% no go, but I am hoping I might get a santa hat on Boo. I bought a new one, it lights up.

      Delete
  2. OMG carbonara pizza is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete