Sunday 12 December 2021

Eating Out: Banter Coffee House

If I have to go somewhere for something, in this case going to try on some scrub pants for work, I will always crack open Google Maps or Happy Cow and see if there is anywhere with vegan options I want to try. Secondly, see if they have vegan options I actually want to try. On this day, it all worked out for me when I saw that Banter Coffee House was just around the corner from where I had to go. After buying some brand new and exceptionally comfy scrub pants, with pockets, I took myself over there to get an early lunch from their vegan menu.

While they have a vegan menu on their website, which I had consulted before I arrived, when I got their the vegan menu was different. I guess they haven't updated their website yet. No matter, there were still good options.

Banter Vegan Menu


I got the Vegan Truffled Shrooms, but hold to truffle oil, so I guess they were just Vegan Shrooms. Sauteed swiss brown mushrooms with hazelnut cream and broccolini, on top of spinach and polenta cakes. It was truly lovely, and looked very pretty.

Vegan Shrooms at Banter Coffee House


It was a hot day, and I was tempted by the Mango, Guava, Lychee frappe. But I had to get a Taro Latte instead. I rarely see taro lattes anywhere, and I love them! If you don't know, imaging a delicious purple drink that tastes like cookies. That is what a tara drink tastes like. I got mine on soy milk.

Taro Soy Latte at Banter Coffee House


A short post, but a very lovely meal. I love being able to find random little places that have great vegan options all over the place.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo under the Christmas Tree 2011


Gizmo loved sitting under the Christmas tree, and honestly I cannot imagine a better present to find under one!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just love the colour! And unlike beetroot lattes, which look beautiful but have no flavour, taro lattes deliver in the taste department.

      Delete
  2. WOW! Look at those vegan options! I zoomed in to see them! Glad I did! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my comments are getting stuck again LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't get a chance to log in to check and approve comments for a couple of days.

      Delete
    2. AHhh ok! I thought it was my laptop! LOL

      Delete
  4. Gizmo looks so sweet under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved it. I wish I could find her under there again.

      Delete