Thursday 16 December 2021

Midweek Munchies

Hope everyone is hanging in there. I had my COVID booster shot yesterday. No ill effects today other than a sore arm, which is good. But even if I'd felt a bit crappy, it would be worth it. Come on immune system, get those anitbodies pumping! Anyway, let's have some snacks.

I love mochi, do you? They are so good! I used to be able to find peanut butter mochi, which were the best. I was looking for some recently, and no luck, but I did get these two. Matcha mochi and red bean mochi, two classic flavours!

Mochi


I love the Coco & Lucas Earth meals, and I tried their Spaghetti Vege-Naise. It was pretty nice! They always have a good flavour in their meals, and they are satisfying. But I haven't seen them as much in Woolworths lately, I hope they are not discontinuing them. Their lasagne and cottage pie ones are awesome.

Earth Spaghetti Vege-naise


I bought this vegan ravioli to use in a recipe that I'll blog about at some future recipe round-up. It has a nice texture and flavour, this brand is expensive, but worth a little treat when you are able to because their fresh vegan pastas are always really nice. They are in the fridge section at Woolworths, with the other fresh pastas.

Vegan Ravioli


I love rose flavoured things, and these chocolate covered rose fondants were lovely.

Beech's Rose Chocolates


Finally, some muffins! I found these Sourdough Rye english muffins in the supermarket. They are a little more expensive than regular ones, with only four in the pack rather than six, but I really liked them.

Abbott's Sourdough Rye English Muffins


I used them a couple of times to make Bacon Cheese Burger Pizza Muffins. Just the muffin spread with some Coles Cheeseburger Sauce, topped with some FYH cheddar before melting under the grill (or broiler, for my US friends), and then sprinkled with some bacon bits. Sure, there is no actual burger on there, but cheeseburgers are really more about the flavours that go with them.

Cheeseburger Pizza Muffins


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara The Reindeer


Continuing on with the reindeer photos, here is Sahara wearing the antlers with her 'grin and bear' it face... apt considering she was my little Bear.

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful MWM - some nice finds! Wish we had them here! I'd grab them in a second (well after I'm out of quarantine that is)!

    https://myblissfuljourney.mystrikingly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have many fun finds of your own once you are outof quarantine.

      Delete
  2. I love mochi! Red bean is my favorite kind.

    I get really excited when I find vegan ravioli. It's been far too long since I last had some.

    I'm intrigued by your cheeseburger muffins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The muffins were a really fun way to use up some leftover things. It's the cheeseburger sauce that makes them.

      We have quite a few vegan filled pastas here, some are definitely better than others.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah, peanut butter mochi is my fave too! I have just noticed that my local Coles has kind of a pick'n'mix fridge of mochi?! I haven't stopped properly to read ingredients and flavours yet.

    ReplyDelete