Monday 13 December 2021

Overnight Oats Round-Up

I've done some granola themed round-ups in the past, but I love breakfast oats in all forms. As the weather is warmer (which is most of the year here) I love a solid bowl of delicious overnight oats to power me through work. But overnight oats don't have to be boring, in fact you can make overnight oats into anything! Most of the time I just make up my own combinations using up things I have in my fridge and cupboard, but I have also made plenty of recipes off the internet. And here are some of them!

Apple, Blueberry, and Mint Oats from Made by Luci: Unfortunately this blog seems to no longer exist, or at least is having some technical issues at the moment. Anyway, these were a lovely start to the day! I used a mix of water and milk to soak the oats (rather than ust water), and left out protein powder in favour of adding some almond butter. Topped with more blueberries, apples, and mint, as well as some strawberries and pepitas for fun.
Rating: :)

Apple, Blueberry, and Mint Oatmeal from Made By Luci blog


Oatmeal with Pineapple and Mint from Real Simple: I used this recipe as a base, as it really just uses the pineapple and mint to top the oats. Boring. I used 2/3C of oats for this, with a mix of water, oat milk, and pineapple juice to soak. I mixed in some pineapple and mint as well. Then I served it with some cashew butter, pineapple, mint, strawberries, pepitas, and some chai-spiced sugar (instead of the cinnamon sugar called for).
Rating: :)

Oatmeal with Pineapple and Mint from realsimple.com


Healthy Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats from Flaxseeds & Fairy Tales: I do tend to like adding some chia seeds to my overnight oats, they help increase the protein but I don't have the texture issues that I do with chia pudding as they are dispersed through the oats. Again, this recipe calls for the flavours as the topping, again I added some frozen blueberries to the overnight oats for extra flavour. Topped off with some almond butter, slivered almonds, blueberries, and basil.
Rating: :)

Healthy Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats from Flaxseeds and Fairy Tales


Carrot Cake Overnight Oats from Kara Lydon: I used almonds rather than walnuts in this, because I am just not a huge walnut fan outside of baked into actual carrot cake. But I just found that this recipe has too many nuts in it, I would decrease the amount of whatever nut you use. Otherwise it has a nice carrot cake flavour. I topped it with some almond butter, vanilla toghurt, pepitas, and grated carrot.
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats from Kara Lydon


Berry Lazy Oatmeal from Live Kindly: Again, they just want you to add the fun bits as toppings. No no no. I love all the things IN my overnight oats, and so I added everything in with some extra liquid to soak overnight and get all the flavours. Then topped off with almond butter, strawberries, and blueberries.
Rating: :)

Berry Lazy Oatmeal from Live Kindly


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo The Reindeer


Let us remember when I made my girls wear reindeer antlers for Christmas, starting with Gizmo, The Long Suffering Reindeer.

6 comments:

  1. I still have yet to get into overnight oats. I really don't know what is stopping me. Yours look amazing!

    https://myblissfuljourney.mystrikingly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can really make them with anything you have that needs using up.

      Delete
  2. So many lovely breakfasts! I could never really get into overnight oats, but I love the inspiration I get for my ordinary cooked oats with all the things people add to the overnight kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely use these flavours in warm oats!

      Delete
  3. Wow, so much variety! I've only made overnight oats a small handful of times, but I love the convenience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy them. And the variety is endless. They are a good filling option when I know I don't have a lot of time in the morning.

      Delete