Wednesday 22 December 2021

Midweek Munchies

It's the middle of the week, who is feeling hungry?

After Vegie Delights discontinuing their chicken slices, and Tofurky no longer shipping to Australia, I found this VChicken at the Green Edge. I am pretty sure I have had it before, they have just updated their packaging. Anyway, it is good on sandwiches.

VChkn Slices


I tried the Fable Goulash Pepper Stew ready meal, which I added the suggested sour cream to. I used the new Made With Plant sour cream, look out for it on an upcoming munchies. The pepper in the meal came from actual black pepper, not from capsicums, which I checked before I bought it. I also added the baby spinach.

Fable Goulash


I made some burgers using some of the Coles Nature's Kitchen Mushroom and Caramelised Onion burgers. After the absolute tastelessness of their meaty-style burgers, I was worried. However, these burgers are delicious! So much lovely flavour. I made my burgers with some Sheese slices (that I got on clearance - bonus!), tomato chutney, and of course my favourite Fry's Brioche Buns. Also some mayo and baby spinach.

Mushroom and Onion Burger


Mushroom and Onion Burger
Some fun teas that I bought! Cocoa, Cinnamon, and Ginger just sounds so wonderful and warming. And I was intrigued by the Beetroot, Ginger, and Curry Leaves. They are both nice in their own ways, though the flavour never really gets strong enough even with leaving the bag in the whole time. The curry one has a nice, almost savoury sort of vibe going.

Silly Teas


Finally, some chocolate! KM Foods is a local brand, they also make jerky. I have not been interested in their chocolate before, as their flavours were white, caramel, and milk. But they introduced this new dark cherry coconut one, and it is really nice.

KM Foods Cherry Delight Dark Chocolate


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara is Santa Paws


We did reindeer antlers, how about Santa hats? Yes, there was a yearly Santa hat dress up as well. Sahara was very hard to keep it on, she moves so much, but she did give a cute little one-ear out post here!

6 comments:

  1. Cherry coconut chocolate, yum! I'm sorry to hear you can't have Tofurky but then again you get to have all sorts of things we don't so maybe on balance it works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is quite as good as those Tofurky ham slices. I have one packet left in my freezer that I am busting out for Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Some nice finds! And LOVE the antlers LOL :) https://myblissfuljourney.mystrikingly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats did not love them quite so much. ;)

      Delete
  3. That picture of Sahara is soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete