Sunday 5 December 2021

Eating Out: Musketeers Cafe

One day, I was scrolling Instagram and I saw a targeted ad for a cafe... and I clicked it because the food looked good. Turned out not only was the cafe in Brisbane, but it was also all vegetarian and mostly vegan. I was so excited to go, the menu looked amazing! So I organised with a friend to visit there not long after. That is how Instagram sponsored ads finally worked for me, and we ended up at Musketeers Cafe.

It was a super cute cafe, with lovely decor, delightful staff, a community library, and a small selection of assorted items for sale from small local businesses.

2021-10-10 08.13.58


I ordered a Sevel Spiced Chai on soy milk and it was SO GOOD! Totally worth the caffeine jitters. It was well spiced, and not too sweet.

Seven Spiced Chai at Musketeers Cafe


I ordered the Vegan Benny, which was sourdough with spinach, eggplant bacon, and a polenta egg (the vegan option for eggs), alongside a hashbrown. All topped off with a lovely dill hollandaise. Look how pretty this looks? I loved the polenta egg, and it was such a clever add in for vegans. I have never seen anything like it before.

Vegan Benny with Hash Brown at Musketeers Cafe


My friend ordered the Panko Crumbed Mushroom Burger, which has green goddess sauce, pickled cauliflower, spinach, lemon crumbed panko mushroom, and vegan feta (for the vegan option) on a bun. It normally came with sweet potato fries, but my friend asked to sub in hashbrowns.

Panko Crumbed Mushroom Burger at Musketeers Cafe


They also had some vegan pastries and doughnuts in their case, so we finished off with a blueberry doughnut each.

Blueberry Doughnut at Musketeers Cafe


I was really looking forward to going back there for more food! And telling everyone to try it out. But alas, a couple of weeks after we went, they announced that they were closing for good. So sad. Still, I share this post and this food with you now, so we can honour the fact that this place existed, and I ate some really good food there.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo at Christmas


Gizmo wearing the big santa hat. She was a very tolerant kitty when it came to festivities.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a neat place. So thankful for more and more options these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks so good! I was poised to bookmark it when you mentioned it's now closed. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to get your hopes up and then crush them all in one post!

      Delete