Tuesday 29 November 2022

Eating Out: Izakaya Midori

My friend and I have taken advantage of some of our mutual week days off by visiting Izakaya Midori, a gorgeous vegan Japanese restaurant down at the Gold Coast. The seating there is all undercover, but open air, so it is a good choice for these times where I don't really want to be inside with a bunch of people. You can see my previous posts about Izakaya Midori here.

We always share some agedashi tofu, because it is just the very best. The tofu and the broth is A+++!

Agedashi Tofu at Izakaya Midori


I got the Tofu and Kara Yuzu Salad, which was a huge bowl of vegetables topped with fried tofu and karaage, all drizzled in a yuzu dressing. This was incredible, and so filling.

Tofu and Kara Yuzu Salad at Izakaya Midori


My friend tried the Karaage Don, which is a rice bowl topped with vegetables, karaage, and creamy dressing.

Karaage Don at Izakaya Midori


I didn't realise how big my salad was going to be, so I had also ordered the Do It Yourself Potato Salad (minus the shallots). Very grateful I had a friend to share this with! This is so fun, you get your bowl and then you mash it all together yourself.

Make Your Own Mashed Potato at Izakaya Midori


Even though we were both very full, we still found a little bit of extra room for dessert. We tried their Matcha Cheesecake, which was wonderful and had a great matcha flavour.
Matcha Cheesecake at Izakaya Midori


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


Eloise is continually just flopping down on her back, tummy exposed. It is extremely cute. The tummy is a bit of a trap, though I fall for it every time!



3 comments:

  1. Does anybody ever pass up a kitty tummy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I certainly can't. I accept the risks.

      Delete
  2. Everything is so pretty! I think I must bookmark every one of your Izakaya Midori posts, hoping that I'll one day make it back to the Gold Coast. :)

    ReplyDelete