Tuesday 15 November 2022

Eating In: Featuring Yavanna and Nonna's Nightmare

Hello friends! This post talks about some extra fun deliveries I've had.

First up a burger and chips! This is from Plantein Cafe, which is one of those places that only exists on delivery apps and shares a kitchen with other delivery app only places. I ordered the Hawaiian Burger with bacon, and also the fries with gravy. This was a huge serving of fries, but not enough gravy.

Hawaiian Burger and Fries with Gravy from Plantein Cafe


Now we are getting into some more exciting territory. One day I was working late at out Paddington location, which is just around the corner from Yavanna. You can see some other posts about Yavanna here. They do not have an outdoor area, so I decided to get takeaway and then heat it up a bit more and plate it at home. I was very keen to try their seitan steak with mash and peppercorn gravy. It comes with blistered cherry tomatoes and greens. This was really nice, but the star was the gravy. That stuff is drinkable. I need to be able to buy a large container on it please.

Steak and Mash from Yavanna


UberEats has dramatically widened their delivery range, which means I can order from places I never could before. Downside is they are often not quite so hot, so I have to reheat them a bit when they get here. Also, higher delivery fees. But that is understandable. So one night I ordered myself some dinner from Nonna's Nightmare, a vegan Italian restaurant. You can see other Nonna's Nightmare posts here.

I started with the Arancini All a Pizzaiola, which were arancini with some sort of stuffing and a dill sauce. I added the cucumber. These were good, though I cannot for the life of me remember what the stuffing was!

Arancini Alla Pizzaiola from Nonna's Nightmare


The Pasta Gnocchi Al Ragu was lovely gnocchi, but they use Beyond meat mince in their ragu. I knew it was a risk, because I find Beyond Burgers too meaty, but I was curious. You know, for science. Indeed, it was a bit too meaty for me in this dish. But otherwise is was a very satisfying, hearty dinner.

Pasta Gnocchi Al Ragu from Nonna's Nightmare


For dessert I ordered some Cannoli, which had an orange scented filling and pistachio. Cannoli I have decided are a thing I like more in theory than in practice. I just never really like the cannoli shell. But what I did enjoy was the filling, it was delicious.

Cannoli from Nonna's Nightmare


Here is a final little photo, not from a takeaway or delivery, but from my beloved yum cha at Easy House that I went to a while ago. I didn't take enough photos for a full post (I have already posted so many posts about this place, see them here, but I can't resist a good crownded yum cha table shot.

Easy House


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


Yesterday (Monday the 14th of November) was Boo's sixth birthday! Happy birthday Boo! Her tummy fur is still very slowly growing back after her last ultrasound.



2 comments:

  1. Cannoli are a theory but not practice thing for me, too. They look cool, but I really don't end up enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how excited people get about vegan cannolis makes me think I should be excited too. I get swept up on the rush. LOL

      Delete