Wednesday 9 November 2022

Midweek Munchies

Munching into the midweek.

I tried a bunch of new ready meals a while ago, including this Plantitude Cottage Pie. It was surprisingly very good. The potato topping was great, and the filling was savoury and satisfying.

Plantitude Cottage Pie


FINALLY WE HAVE DECENT YOUGHURT AGAIN! Sorry for the all caps, but the state of vegan yoghurt in Australia is dire. And anytime there is one that is good, it goes away. Almost everything is coconut, except for a couple of almond options and the ever present but not very good Kingland soy yoghurt. But thank you to Vitasoy, who has come out with a range of amazing, thick, delicious soy vegan Greek-style yoghurts. They are also calcium fortified, which is a nifty bonus! I have been eating so many of these over the last few months.

Vitasoy Soy Yoghurt


Back to the vegan ready meals, and this Fable Bolognese was extremely disappointing. It just tasted yuck.

Fable Bolognese


And I think you can tell from the photo that this Plantitude Lasagne was a flop. What even is going on there? Just watery sloppy sadness.

Plantitude Lasagne


In happier news, here is some strawberry granola I tried! This tasted good, and I love how generous they are with the freeze dried strawberry chunks. But it isn't really granola in my mind, there are no big clusters, it is more like a toasted muesli.

Strawberry Granola


Finishing up this week's round-up with this Kantong Teriyaki Stir-Fry sauce, which was pretty nice as far as ready made sauces go. I made a quick stir-fry with some prepared tofu, carrots, celery, snow peas, and bok choy over rice.

Teriyaki Stir-Fry


Teriyaki Stir-Fry


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


Later this month will be two years since Dim Sim passed away, and I hate that we have been apart for that long and that we are not still together.



4 comments:

  1. Two years already?! Wow. I miss Dim Sim so I can't imagine how sad you must be. Loss can feel like forever ago yet feel like yesterday, but the wound always feels raw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to believe. Thank you for caring about her. <3

      Delete
  2. I get so excited about soy yogurt! The state of vegan yogurt in general seems nothing to get excited about in most places, but I probably do have more options than you do. Even at that, I almost never see soy yogurt. It tends to be coconut, almond, or oat (and oat yogurt is VILE).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some new oat yoghurt here that came out recently but the second ingredient in it is coconut oil so I have stayed well away because that just sounds gross.

      Delete