Sunday 31 July 2022

Recipe Round-Up: Chloe's Kitchen

Hello! Everything is terrible but I have to keep on going, so how about we dip into the next cookbook to do a round-up of? The book is Chloe's Kitchen, but Chloe Choscarelli, and you can see more of my posts about this book here.

Pasta Alfredo with Roasted Lemon-Olive Oil Asparagus: The alfredo recipe is actually for Fettuccine, but I didn't have any long pasta so I used some spirals. This is a wonderful cashew based sauce, that thickens up beautifully for whatever pasta you are serving it with. There is the option to add miso, which of course I did. I don't know what it would be like without it but I would not leave it out! I made a half recipe of the sauce and mixed it with 200g of spiral pasta and some spinach for 2 serves. I served it alongside the roasted asparagus. The original recipe is for grilling, but I went with the roasting option. This is very simple but lovely.
Rating: Alfredo :), Asparagus :)

Alfredo; Roasted Lemon-Olive Oil Asparagus


Lemon-Dill Dip: I love dill! And this sauce is delicious. It is based on silken tofu, and I definitely added extra dill. I did not have the energy to make the crispy potato-leek patties this sauce goes with, so I served it on top of some roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, and tofu. This sauce will be a star no matter how you use it.
Rating: :D

Lemon-Dill Dip


Roasted Cauliflower Curry with Cilantro-Tamarind Sauce: This curry is meant to be stuffed into samosas, but I didn't feel like making dough, so I just served it straight up with the dipping sauce over spinachand rice. If doing it this way, I recommend cutting WAY back on the mustard seeds, and adding more salt. The cilantro-tamarind dipping sauce was lovely and sweet and tangy, I left out the scallions.
Rating: Curry :|, Sauce :)

Roasted Cauliflower Curry with Cilantro-Tamarind Sauce


Apricot-Mustard Sauce: Again, another recipe where I made the sauce but not the rest! Rather than making wontons from scratch, I used some ready made gyoza. The sauce is super simple, just apricot jam and mustard mixed together. I used St Dalfours jam, which is sweetened with fruit not sugar, but even so the sauce needed way more mustard and a lot less jam. As written, it kind of tastes like dipping your wontons straight into jam.
Rating: :|

Apricot-Mustard Sauce


California Chop Salad with Agave-Lime Vinaigrette: This salad is full of seasoned black beans, lettuce, tomato, quino, and avocado. I left out the raw onion and added extra coriander. This was a lovely fresh combination, especially when combined with the slightly sweet, slightly sour agave-lime dressing. A full recipe of this claims to serve four as a meal, but it really serves two people for a light meal.
Rating: :)

California Chipotle Chop with Agave-Lime Vinaigrette


Wasabi Sesame Noodle Salad: I love soba noodle salads when the weather is hot. This has a lovely dressing, though the wasabi flavour is pretty mild even after I left out the sriracha. Add more wasabi if you like it stronger. You can pretty much add whatever you want to this salad, I used the suggested cucumber and carrot, left out the scallions, and also added tofu and celery.
Rating: :)

Wasabi Sesame Noodle Salad


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

DimSim


I don't think I've shared these yet, but a while ago I had some super cute little portraits of my girls done by the fabulous artist Cloris Creates. This was Dim Sim's portrait done in her very cute style.

5 comments:

  1. I love dill so that sauce sounds wonderful! I'm sorry everything is terrible. Maybe it won't always be. Here's to trying anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping on trying is all we can do. At least we have dill.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear that things are still terrible. I am glad to see that you have been eating beautiful nourishing food. I do hope things turn around for you. Take care of yourself - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful portrait!

    ReplyDelete