Saturday 9 July 2022

Eating Out: The Green Edge

I have eaten out a couple of times in specific circumstances of late. The trick is to go early, before it gets crowded, and get an outside table. The Green Edge has an outside booth that is great. It is tucked away out of the sun, away from other tables, and comfortable to sit in when you have a dodgy shoulder and back. Though given that we are kicking off with a new wave of a more infectious variant, ever rising numbers, and a government who is determined to do nothing to control it, I suspect even with my precautions eating out is about to become a thing of the past again. Once again I say, there is a pandemic, wear your goddamn mask and be sensible and considerate. Please. The Green Edge is a long time favourite of mine, and you can see previous posts about it here.

I met up with a friend one early morning when I was dropping some things off for a bake sale. I tried the Brekky Burger, which is sausage pattie, fried egg, hash brown, rocket, caremlised onion, and tomato relish on a milk bun. It also normally comes with southwestern sauce, but that is full of capsicum so I left it off. This was good, though very messy to eat.

Breakfast Burger at The Green Edge


My friend had the Southern Crispy Chick'n Pancake, pancakes topped with crispy chicken, bacon, house dressing, hot sauce and maple syrup.

Chicken and Pancakes at The Green Edge


I grabbed a takeaway wrap as well, their Satay Chicken Wrap. This is delicious, their satay sauce is one of the best. The only issue was as it is premade, I had to pick out the capsicum and raw onion. I wish they would sell their satay sauce in tubs!

Satay Chicken Roll from The Green Edge


One Saturday, I stopped in for a quick early morning breakfast before I started work at 9am at our clinic over that side of town. I was excited to try their tofu scramble, and I am happy to report that it was excellent! It is scrambled with mushrooms and served with wilted greens, sourdough, and grilled tomato. I also added a hashbrown. And my normal beverage of choice, a turmeric latte.

Scramble and Turmeric Latte at The Green Edge


My last visit I got the Eggs Benni, which I have had before. But it is a good benedict! Poached eggs (with no coconut or sweet potato in sight), ham, and avocado on an English muffin and Hollandaise sauce, with a hash brown on the side.

Eggs Benedict from The Green Edge


I was there with a friend that time, she got the breakfast burger that I posted about above. But at the end we split a S'mores Hot Chocolate. I'm glad that we split it, because it was delicious but could easily have been a bit too much. A large mug of hot chocolate, with chocolate and biscoff crumbs around the edges, topped with soy whipped cream and mini marshmallows. This is one of the current specials, and it sure is special.

Smores Hot Chocolate from The Green Edge


Hope you are all hanging in there. I know you are waiting for cute cats, and they will come back. I just need a bit of time. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but it is where I'm at.

2 comments:

  1. That S'mores hot chocolate looks SO GOOD! But I'd never have thought of Biscoff in place of graham crackers. It's a whole new thing.

    These are such frustrating times, with people and governments giving up on precautions. If you do have to retreat again, know that we're here to vicariously eat with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham crackers are not something easily found here, let alone vegan ones. I normally use digestives if I am making a recipe that calls for graham crackers, but biscoff is another level!

      Very glad for my online community through these often isolating times. <3

      Delete