Tuesday 19 July 2022

Eating Out: Izakaya Midori

A few months ago a friend and I went down to Izakaya Midori, an amazing vegan Japanese restaurant at the Gold Coast. I like Izakaya Midori because it has covered outdoor seating, which is good when you want to be in a well ventilated area! We also went on a weekday right as they opened, so there were hardly any other people there. The things you need to think about these days. You can see my other posts about this wonderful restaurant here.

We shared the Agadashi Tofu and the Smoked Edamame. I've had the tofu before, and it is lovely. I hadn't had the edamame before because as much as I love them, I can't eat too many without getting gut pain. So it was nice to share them. These had a wonderful smokey sweetness that I adored.

Tofu Agedashi and Smoked Edamame at Izakaya Midori


We both go the same main, the Terichiki Don. Their terichiki is really remarkable and delicious! Put into a bowl with rice, salad, and dressing and it is such a wonderful meal.

Terichiki Don at Izakaya Midori


My additional entree (that's appetiser for my US friends) of the Cheese Canape took a while to prepare, so it came out after the other food. Seared mozzarella with pickles and a miso sauce. The pickles offset the richness of the cheese (which I suspect was made out of a lot of coconut oil) very well! This was fun to try.

Cheese Canape at Izakaya Midori


We finished off sharing one of the dessert specials, the Crystal Mochi Affogato. I'd been seeing this on Instagram for a while, and I was dying to try it! It had hojicha ice cream, sweet adzuki bean paste, three types of cyrstal mochi (black sesame, red bean, and matcha), and a black sesame latte (no coffee of caffeine, making it Susan friendly). This was amazing and delicious! I'm so glad I got to try it while it was still on the specials.

Crystal Mochi Affogatto at Izakaya Midori


Crystal Mochi Affogatto at Izakaya Midori


Of course no trip to a restaurant down at the Gold Coast is complete without stopping by Flour Of Life on the way home to pick up some treats for later (see other posts here). I of course got my favourite Strawberry flan, as well as a passionfruit tart, chocolate custard log, and my new favourite cinnamon sugar snail!

Flour of Life treats


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


Tucked Boo in with my jumper while she was snoozing on the back of the couch, she was not sure about it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that crystal mochi affogato looks so fancy! Gonna follow them on instagram and feast my eyes a little more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you are up this way I highly recommend a visit.

      Delete