Wednesday 3 August 2022

Midweek Munchies

Some random things.

I got this teriyaki sauce on clearance sale and it is pretty good as far as bottled teriyaki sauces go. A lot of them are way too salty, but this has a nice blend of savoury and sweet. I served it with some charcoal noodles (and also some beet noodles I had to use up), some tofu, and some frozen green vegetables for a super pantry/freezer friendly use stuff up meal.

Teriyaki Noodles


Teriyaki Noodles


These chickpea chips were kind of meh. They had a weird flavour, just a hint of vinegar, and the rosemary was like an aftertaste rather than an actual flavour. Would not try again.

Chickpea Chips


It's been a while since I've shared any silly drinks, so here is a silly juice that I bought. While it has many ingredients, it sadly mostly tasted like apple juice. They need to make the greens more prominent!

Silly Juice


A random lunch of salad topped with a burger patty and melted cheese, plus some tomato relish and caramelised onions.

Burger Salad


Another silly juice. This juice had a beautiful colour! Again, it mostly tasted of pear but definitely had the earthiness of beetroot coming through. Not sure I could really taste the strawberry. It was nice for what it was.

Juice


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo


Gizmo's cute portrait by Cloris Creates.

3 comments:

  1. Heinz makes such interesting things for sale abroad I've never seen here. I toured the Heinz History Center in Pittsburgh once--which I call the "Ketchup Museum"--and I was amazed by the range of products we'll never see here. Mostly, here Heinz is just ketchup and steak sauce. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heinz is a whole thing here. As well as multiple types of sauces (including tomato sauce and ketchup, of course), they also make tinned products. Including baked beans! They used to have an ad when I was a kid that had the jingle of 'Beans Means Heinz!'

      Delete
    2. I was just going to say the same thing, actually! Heinz started in Pittsburgh, PA, and we don't see a LOT of what is available overseas. Wish we did!

      Delete