Monday 25 July 2022

Eating In: An Assortment

Here's to more food that I have had delivered or got as takeaway!

Vapiano is an Italian chain that has some vegan options, so one night I tried the Vegan Bolognese. I got them to add some vegan cheese, which ended up being four shreds of something, so I added some FYH parmesan to it at home. This was a huge serving, I got two meals out of it, and was a very rich meaty bolognese sauce. I don't remember what they used for the bolognese, and it is off the menu now, but it was some sort of vegan mince.

Vegan Bolognese from Vapiano


This Tofu Bun (noodle salad) from Pho Hung Vietnamese looked great, but the tofu was way over fried so that it was nothing but a harsh serrated crisp that wripped up my mouth. It was very sad.

Tofu Bun from Pho Hung Vietnamese


I love tofu and vegetables, and this is the Tofu and Vegetables with Fried Noodles from Kingsfood, a place we've ordered from a number of times before.

Tofu and Vegetable Fried Noodles from Kingsfood


Sometimes you just feel like a big dinner of fried beige food! I had ordered from Parmi House before, which has several vegan options. This time I ordered the Vienna Schnitzel, which was meant to come with fries and large serving of kraut... there was no kraut! There was bacon and cheese. So who knows what they were thinking. At least it was all vegan still!

Vegan from Parmi House


To finish off, here is something very different from fried beige food - a poke bowl! I love ordering from Cheeki! They have a couple of vegan bowls, or you can make your own! I don't even remember what I put in this except that it had tofu, marinated mushrooms, black rice, steamed greens (which came on the side because they couldn't fit them in the bowl), broccoli, avocado, and fried shallots. And undoubtedly a lot more underneath! I also always get a fun kombucha from them, like this Blueberry Sour. This brand does have stevia in it, blergh, but I cannot taste it, so yay.

Poke Bowl from Cheeki


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


What are you looking so alarmed about Boo?? What have you seen??

2 comments:

  1. Beige food is often the best food!

    I'm currently cat-sitting and the cat keeps looking at me like that and if I ask her what's up she runs away. Cats are mysterious this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are getting some nice kitty snuggles in as well.

      Delete