Saturday 16 July 2022

Mother's Day 2022

Mother's Day is in May in Australia, and as per usual I made my mother a special dinner.

She requested meatballs in Rough Rider BBQ Sauce, a recipe from Vegan Diner by Julie Hasson. This was very easy to make, given that I used Meet Meatballs, cooked through in the pan, and then simmered in the BBQ sauce for a little bit. The BBQ sauce is also very easy to make, and one of the best BBQ sauces I've tried. I served it with some mashed potatoes, roasted green beans, and wilted baby spinach for a very easy and lovely comfort food dinner.

Meet Meetballs with Rough Rider BBQ Sauce


For dessert, I made a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. My friend Leigh has been dipping their toe into producing some new mix and match cheesecake kits, so I have been doing some testing for them. They are super easy to make! You get dry mixes for the base, filling, and topping and then you just need to add a few things at home to bake them. You can choose from either ready made combinations, or choose your own! This one was a choose your own, and had a chocolate base, peanut butter filling, and chocolate creme topping.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake testing


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


I know you are here for the kitty photos, so here you go. A return to kitty photos. This is Boo in her favourite spot for winter mornings. The scratching post not only gets the morning sun through the blinds, but is also underneath the heater! Clever girl.

4 comments:

  1. This really looks like delightful comfort food! I love a good (vegan) meatball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we have some good ones ready made these days.

      Delete
  2. I like your mum's style, I would love this meal too. I have an under-used copy of Vegan Diner and am going to look up this sauce recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some good recipes to check out in that book.

      Delete