Wednesday 13 July 2022

Midweek Munchies

It's wednesday, let's get munching.

I got these bacon slices from Coles. I like that they are square, which makes them very easy for putting on sandwiches! One of the sandwiches I made was a bacon, tofu egg, cheese, and BBQ sauce toasted sandwich.

Proper Foods Bacon Slices


Tofu Egg, Bacon, Cheese, BBQ sauce toasted sandwich


I had some sauerkraut to use up, and I made this Tahini bowl that I found online. I don't know where though. But it had brown rice, roasted carrot, baby spinach, sauerkraut, and a tahini sauce. I know this was something I made not long after I got home from my hysterectomy, and I was really craving an easy bowl full of veggies and grains. It hit the spot.

Tahini Bowl from Internet


Some sweet toasts I made for lunch one day. On the left is dark chocolate spread and fresh peach slices, and on the right is peanut butter and rhubarb vanilla jam. I don't often eat sweet stuff on toast, but this was a good reminder I should do so more often.

Sweet Toasts


I used this Soy and Ginger Poke Bowl rice as a base to a bowl... I just don't remember what I used it with. It was a recipe from a cookbook, I know that. I think with tofu. But anyway, this rice was nicely flavoured and easy to make. One thing I didn't realise is that it is a smaller serving in the packet than the regular pouches of microwave rice you get, so it is pretty small if you are serving two like I was.

Poke Rice


I am a huge fan of these Teriyaki Beef Style Gyoza. An even bigger fan when I found them on sale for $2 a box rather than $7! I bought a bunch. I love vegetable and mushroom gyoza, don't get me wrong. But it is fun being able to have a vegan meaty option. I went through a big phase over the warmer months of eating gyoza on top of salad.

Teriyaki Beef-Style Gyoza


Teriyaki Beef-Style Gyoza


2 comments:

  1. I love toast. I have recently gotten very, VERY into it. Peaches are also so good on toast, but I hadn't thought to use chocolate spread with them! Now I have aspirations for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Square mock-bacon! This makes so much sense, a much better fit for most bread. Why have we been copying the shape of meat-bacon anyway?! Much to ponder.

    ReplyDelete