Tuesday 26 July 2022

Dad's Birthday 2022

It was my dad's birthday at the start of the month, and as always I made him a dinner of his choosing.

Cauliflower & Tofu Red Curry from The Australian Women's Weekly Vegan In 30 Minutes: Dad requested some sort of Thai curry, with the understanding that any sort of curry I make will be extremely mild. This was a very simple dinner to make! I still used some Thai red curry paste, but waaaayyyy less than the 1/3 cup called for, I used more like a dollop. I also used a mix of light coconut milk and oat milk rather than full fat coconut milk so I didn't get sick. This curry was full of tofu puffs, cauliflower, zucchini, and green beans, and I also added some baby spinach. Served over some jasmine rice, I got almost 6 serves from this.
Rating: :)

Cauliflower & Tofu Red Curry


Mandarin Orange Upside-Down Cake from Celebrate Vegan by Dynise Balcavage: This cake uses tinned mandarins, drained very well, in a dark-sugar glaze as a fun twist on an upside down cake. The batter contains orange blossom water, which gives a lovely flavour. I did find that my glaze hardened up a bit as it cooled, but it thankfully didn't turn into a thick unbreakable toffe. I lovely flavoured cake.
Rating: :)

Mandarin Orange Upside-Down Cake


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


Boo is not very good at staying still for the camera!

6 comments:

  1. I love upside down cakes! I want to branch out more with them. So many possibilities I've yet to explore. But alas, you have the cool oven weather these days, and we have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your upside down experiments once the weather is more oven appropriate.

      Delete
  2. You had be at orange blossom water. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Susan's dad!!! That curry and cake look so good! It's been a while since I've taken Celebrate Vegan off the shelf!

    ReplyDelete