Tuesday 18 August 2020

Eating Out: Farine Bakery

This is kind of an eating out/eating in... in that it is a bakery I go to, but then I bring the stuff home or to work.

Can you believe that I only found out recently that a super vegan friendly bakery has opened up right around the corner from work? And they have been there since December? And I have missed out on months of deliciousness! I only found out when an omni co-worker told me about it because she saw it on her Uber Eats app and kindly noticed it had a bunch of things labeled vegan. The place in question is Farine Bakery, and I have since rectified this horrible oversight on my part by trying out much of their vegan range.

Like this cinnamon doughnut, which is huge and delightfully covered in cinnamon sugar and is very good.

Cinnamon Doughnut from Farine


They also have several flavours of filled doughtnuts, and I got this amazing cherry jam doughnut. It was filled with sour cherry jam, and had whole bits of cherry inside.

Cherry Jam Doughnut from Farine Red Hill


I've tried both the cherry and blueberry danishes, which are both lovely.

Cherry Danish from Farine


Blueberry Danish from Farine


To go along with the pasties, they have vegan croissants as well! Plain, almond, and chocolate. I got a chocolate croissant.

Chocolate Croissant from Farine


They sell these vegan cinnamon rolls, which are not like the big puffy bready cinnamon rolls, but have a more dense pastry scrolled up. They sell them in these cute little foil pie tins. I am having difficulty describing them, but they are SO GOOD! The cinnamon swirl in them is so strong.

Cinnamon Scroll from Farine


This was the place that I got the vegan challah bread from. I have never had challah (vegan or otherwise) before, so I am not sure how it compared. But I enjoyed it. It had a nice flavour, and was very good eaten on its own or spread with things.

Vegan Challah from Farine


This place is very easy to pop by on the way to or from work to get some goodies, and I am definitely looking forward to eating more of their delights. They had some vegan cheese and bacon rolls a couple of weeks ago that I missed out on because I wasn't at work that day, so I really hope they have some of those again! And whatever other delicious vegan offerings they wish to create.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Jed and his belleh


Jed was so thrilled about the vegan-friend bakery around the corner from work, he was quite overcome!

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about suddenly discovering a place is vegan friendly! These places need to advertise to us! I mean, VEGAN CHALLAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said they hadn't really advertised as vegan friendly but that the word must have gotten out recently because they were getting loads of vegans through. Advertising to vegans should have been the first thing they did! We want to give them our money for their delicious treats!

      Delete
  2. Wow, how lucky are you? I've never had a vegan doughnut, but I do remember loving a good jam filled doughnut. And anything cinnamon and I'm in!
    Jed is thrilled! Around here I call that summertime pose. That's how Etta and Kiki spend most afternoons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jed wandered downstairs the other day and threw himself down like this right in front of a client and they were just beyond delighted.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome how many vegan goodies they have; the cinnamon donut looks absolutely perfect!
    Look at that belly! Jed, you are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that cherry donut sounds incredible! Everything looks amazing. I so envy you having it at your disposal!

    ReplyDelete