Wednesday 12 August 2020

Eating In: Take Away Edition (Grassfed, Yavanna, The Green Edge)

I haven't eaten out for a long time, and I haven't even gotten than much takeaway. I have a system for when I get in the house that I will strip off, have a shower, and disinfect all my stuff, and by the time I have driven home and all that is done anything hot will be cold. I suppose I could eat somewhere in a park, but the sun, and people have suggested eating in my car but that sounds messy and not that enjoyable. But I have gotten a few things to take home here and there.

Right at the beginning, before things were really shutting down, I did get some takeaway from Grassfed. I got the Herbivore Burger (falafel patty, apple slaw, sesame cheese, turmeric kraut, fresh mint, alfalfa, aioli, I had them skip the red onion) with some curly fries and a strawberry milkshake. This was a really lovely, fresh tasting burger.

Herbivore Burger with Fries and Strawberry Shake from Grassfed


On my last day of work before I went into my two month isolation period, I picked up a salad and drink from Yavanna. But this stage I was doing my cleaning routine when I got home, so I figured a salad would be a good option to wait until I was done. I got the Julius Salad, which had cos, chicken strips, bacon, capers, croutons, parmesan and Caesar dressing, as well as a homemade lemonade made on still water rather than fizzy. The salad was nice, though the chicken strips were hot so by the time I got to it they were a little tought, but it was still nice.

Julius Salad from Yavanna


Homemade Lemonade from Yavanna


The place I have gotten the most to take away from is The Green Edge. I did visit them twice during my isolation, to get some vegan supplies and also to support them, and since I am back at work I get lunch from there once a fortnight on the day that I have split shifts between two of our clinics. I used to eat in on those days, but now I just get something to go.

My favourite that I am always looking out for in their to go cabinet is the amazing Chicken Caesar Salad. This is excellent as well to take home, as it is all served chilled so doesn't matter if you aren't going to get to it for a while because of decontaminating. It also keeps well for a day, so you can get it ahead of time for the next day's easy lunch.

Caesar Salad from The Green Edge


They have also started putting a few of their cafe meals into the fridge cabinet for you to heat and eat at home. I got the spaghetti and meatballs on one of my early visits, which is stuck in my freezer until such a time as I needed it. The meatballs are really good!

Spaghetti and Meatballs from The Green Edge


On the odd occasion that I get there and *gasp* there are no salads left in the cabinet. I sulk for a moment but then I get a wrap. They have three wrap flavours most of the time, Sweet Chilli Chicken (nope), Pesto Chicken, and Satay Chicken. I have had both of the latter two. In both cases, I have to spend some time carefully picking out capsicum and raw onion, but I am an expert at that so it doesn't take long. The pesto is very garlicky, but no too oily, which I appreciate. But the stay is definitely the best, because I love their satay sauce. I wish they put more satay sauce on the wrap, I wouldn't care if it made it all drippy.

Pesto Chicken Wrap from The Green Edge


Satay Chicken Salad Wrap from The Green Edge


There was one day at work going between the two clinics where I had A DAY. I had to do an emergency transport of a sick kitty from one clinic to our main clinic, and then go to the third clinic to finish out my afternoon. It was a stressful transport, and I needed to eat my feelings. I so called ahead and ordered the mac and cheese off their menu to be ready for takeaway when I got there. Also a turmeric latte. Sometimes you just need comforting cheesy carbs.

Takeaway Mac and Cheese from The Green Edge


And of course, The Green Edge always has a cabinet full of baked treats. Such as Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sesame Cookies, Apple Crumble Blondies, and Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies.

Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookie from The Green Edge


Sesame Cookie and Apple Crumble Blondie from The Green Edge


Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie from The Green Edge


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Jed


Our clinic cat Jed has something important to say. He is starving. He is so underfed. He doesn't get fed for minutes at a time! Life is hard, and he would appreciate your support. Look at this sad boy face. (Seriously, he gets fed several times a day but still thinks he needs more.)

5 comments:

  1. Mac & cheese--yes! I must be in the mood for cheesy carbs myself because that one jumped out at me for whatever reason.

    Your marshmallow chocolate chip cookie seems like it has a face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, you are right! A screaming marshmallow mouth as I ate it!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like the mac & cheese was definitely needed for such a stressful day!
    I was going to comment on the cookie's face, too, hehe!
    Jed looks so soft and grumpily snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about cheesy carbs and stress eating? They are so comforting.

      Delete
  3. Poor Jed!! Will no one think of his grumbling belly???

    ReplyDelete