Wednesday 1 April 2020

Just a little update...

Hello friends. What strange and scary times we are living in right now.

I know it has been a while since I have posted, I have been overwhelmed with everything. As a vet, I have continued to work. However I also live at home with my parents who are over 70 years and thus in the high risk group. After a lot of anxiety, I have decided that I am going to be taking leave without pay for the next (??? who knows) until things get safer again, as I have to minimise my chance of bringing the infection home and I just don't feel safe at work.

I hope to settle back into my regular blog routine soon, probably with some other bits and pieces added seeing as I will have more time on my hands.

Sending lots of love to all of you. I hope you are safe and well.

And because I can't leave you hanging without a kitty photo, my sweet girl. She is my rock. Though of course with my anxiety being so high I am also extra anxious about her health. I love her so much.

Dim Sim

7 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you, those are difficult circumstances! Hope you can find some comfort in your home time with family and kitties. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a challenging situation. I'm sure that wasn't an easy decision to make, but it's a wise one. Sending love to you & Dim Sim & your parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are challenging times! I'm glad you were able to reach a decision, even if it is a hard one. I hope Australia can weather this better than much of the English speaking world has so far, but either way, I hope you'll stay safe. The second week was the hardest for me and now, somehow, I'm feeling different in isolation. I hope whatever you do while you're waiting this out is soothing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that was such a hard decision to make!! But I do think it's the best one, I'm sure your parents super appreciate it, and I'm sure Dim Sim is absolutely thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a tough decision to make, but I believe you're doing the right thing! Dim Sim must be so happy to have you at home more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the decision was not easy but I agree that it was the best one for the health and safety of you and your family. I hope that you are all well and healthy <3 Lots of love to you, your family and of course to sweet Dim Sim <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've made a good decision. I am having to isolate as I have respiratory illness and Matt is only going out once a week for food to protect me. I'm going to my mum's once a fortnight to do her medication boxes and being as careful as possible, we stay in different rooms whilst I'm there. I'm in week 4 at home now and it is starting to feel normal. Sending love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete