Thursday 5 December 2019

Midweek Munchies

That time of the week again!

I think I am almost caught up on sharing all of the soups I tried over winter. This bean and vegetable soup was pretty good, served with some sourdough.

Soup


I mentioned before that Alpro almond yoghurts had become available (in mango and strawberry flavours), but then I found out they also have cashew yoghurt! Two flavours, vanilla and passionfruit. The vanilla is nice and smooth, but I love the passionfruit. It is so tangy and great.

Alpro Cashew Yoghurt


We have a chain of shops here called The Reject Shop, and I never think to go in there. They have a very small food section, mostly it is random house things. But I did pop in one day to see if they had any good food on sale, and they did! I got all those bags of protein balls for $1, when they are normally $3. I keep these in my locker at work when I need a quick snack. Also some grain cups, and a soup (that I have not had yet because too hot for soup).

Reject Shop Haul


I get this Mock Beef Jerky from an Asian shop near me. I love it! It is mushroom based, and has a strong five spice flavour. So good.

Five Spice Mushroom Jerky


I posted about this new brand of vegan mac and cheese a while ago. I originally found them in Coles, but they are available at heaps of places now. There are three flavours, and I tried the original first up. It had a bit of an odd taste to it. Cheesy but with something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Well & Good Regular Cheddar Mac & Cheese


Behold a Grilled Cheeseburger that I had for lunch one day. A leftover Vegie Delight's Smoky BBQ Patty, some cheddar Daiya, and some gherkin relish. Once I put it in the bun, I stuck it in the panini press.

Grilled Cheeseburger


One morning I looked out the window into the back yard and this friend was hopping about. Please excuse the very bad photo, but I was taking it through the window with the zoom on. I asked a friend who knows about birds, and he said this is a pheasant coucal. Which is a type of cuckoo with a pheasant-like appearance. Pretty cool!

Pheasant Coucal


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Jed Jr and Jed


Why we called him Jed Jr, because he looks a bit like our clinic boy Jed!

6 comments:

  1. It's important for yogurt to be smooth. Many non-dairy yogurt isn't for whatever reason. I find gritty yogurt really unappealing. I'm glad yours was smooth and you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only very recently that Australia has started getting decent non-coconut yoghurts here. We have been behind in the yoghurt game for a long time.

      Delete
  2. I love cashew yogurt! There's a brand here called The Forager Project and it's one of my favorites!
    I seriously cannot express how much I am in love with both Jeds!!!Please show us al the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Jed has gone to his new home already. Alas. But big Jed is ours forever. But I still have lots of kitten photos to share.

      Delete
  3. The grilled cheeseburger sounds awesome! Neat pic of the pheasant coucal, and both Jeds are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the bird again. I wish I knew their story. Where did they come from? What were they doing there? Did they get back to their home OK?

      Delete