Thursday 17 October 2019

Midweek Munchies (Coles vegan edition)

Hello friends! I have a load of pictures to share with you, but I'm just going to do a photo dump with a bit of a chat up top. Coles is one of our big supermarkets in Australia, and I have mentioned that they are having more and more vegan options of late. Well, a few months ago they just exploded with options! Some of them are newly developed Australian products, some of them are in house products, some of them are products we all will recognise. Woolworths (the other big supermarket) is apparently gearing up to do a big vegan product release of their own. The race is on for our sweet vegan dollars. So below is a bunch of stuff you can now get at Coles! Note they also have Beyond Burgers and some other 'meaty' brands in products that are not pictured here, because they are in the meat section and 1) I don't like going there, and 2) it would be hard for me to get photos of them without also having bits of dead animals in the photos. Some Coles seem to have a huge dedicated plant-based section in their animal flesh aisle, but none near me. I haven't tried most of the products that are pictured below, and to be honest there are a lot I won't try (lots are spicy or have coconut oil in them). But keep an eye out in future midweek munchies for when I do sample some! These photos aren't even all of what is available!

Coles


Well & Good Mac and Cheese


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Coles


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

084 (2)


Sahara really was the most beautiful red bear.

5 comments:

  1. Aww sweet Sahara, what an adorable picture! She really was so beautiful. How exciting to have all of these options! There are so many things I'd want to try but OMG for some reason those mango coconut ice cream bars sound so good right now. And wow, Gardein is $11?! I thought it was pricey here but wow! I'm so impressed by the selection though, what a great time to be vegan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We pay a lot for imported stuff. Granted that is in Australian dollars, so that works out to about $7.50 US with the current exchange rate. But for us, it is pricey! I am only really willing to pay it for Field Roast, So Delicious, or Follow Your Heart.

      Delete
    2. Yes $7.50 is a lot! I guess it makes sense that it would be expensive to ship something frozen overseas. Sounds like they should just build a factory in Australia.... wouldn't that be more cost effective in the end?

      Delete
  2. That's so exciting about all the new vegan products! The cheesy macs sound particularly promising to me!
    Sweet Sahara, she looks so comfy in that photo, and her expression is too cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sahara certainly knew how to get comfy and work a camera. ;)

      Delete