Tuesday 29 October 2019

Eating Out: Superoll (and a KOALA!)

A few months ago I went and saw the new version of The Lion King with my friend Amy. It was awesome and I loved it and I cried a bunch. I thought they did such an amazing job with the animation. I still love the original as well, of course. But what does all this have to do with food? Well, we saw it at a cinema that is right across the road from Superoll, an Asian vegetarian place with many vegan options. I've posted about this place before, and I have also had several deliveries from here. It is my favourite place to get delivered if I am too tired to cook.

We shared an entree (that's appetizer, for my US friends... what you call entrees we call mains) of their amazing Plum Char Siu. This is so delicious and tender, you can't go wrong with it.

Plum Char Siu at Superroll


Amy ordered the Crouching Ginger Hidden Basil, which was king oyster mushrooms and vegetables with ginger, Thai basil, and a special sauce. I tried a bit and it was lovely.

Crouching Ginger Hidden Basil at Superroll


And I ordered the Tofu Hustle, my favourite. This has appeared on the menu under a few different names over the years, but is always the same deliciousness that I order almost every time. Braised tofu with four different kinds of mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, and a mushroom sauce. If only it also had broccoli, this would be the perfect dish. In my heart, I am a very basic sort of vegan.

Tofu Hustle at Superroll


Superoll - Shop 22a, 342 McCullough St, Sunnybank, Queensland

I won't deprive you of a kitty photo of the post, but I did want to share a very special experience with you. This happened not long after I went to see The Lion King! Despite living in Brisbane, I have never seen a koala in the wild. Sadly, their habitats have been destroyed by developments and they are harder and harder to find. But I have a friend who is very good and knowing where to go and find koalas, so she met up with me one morning for a koala spotting bush walk. And we saw one right away! The photos aren't great, because I only had my phone camera with me and they were way up in a tree. But crappy photos don't take away the magic of actually seeing a koala friend! Enjoy. (You may want to click on the photos so you can see them a bit bigger than how they appear on the blog.)

KOALA!


KOALA!


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

In her tree again


Speaking of adorably fuzzy friends up trees, here is a flashback photo to when Dim Sim was four years old (that was 15 years ago!) and was hanging out in a tree in our front yard in Sydney. What a perfect little poser!

6 comments:

  1. You find the most delicious food! You should be a vegan food tour guide!
    Although I like spicier food than you, I think I'm a very basic vegan as well!
    Wow, thanks for sharing the pictures of the koalas! I can only imagine how wonderful it was to see one. And how sad that their homes have been destroyed.
    She is a perfect poser!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really sad. I speak to people who used to live in areas where there were lots of koalas, but now all those trees have been removed for housing.

      Delete
  2. OMG, that koala!!!!!!!! Adorable!! And that food all looks amazing too. I agree that broccoli is missing from that dish, but it still looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so wonderful! So special to see one in the wild. :D

      Delete
  3. I still need to see the new Lion King, it looks so good! The tofu dish sounds awesome, and yay for getting to see a koala!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went in cautiously optimistic about the new The Lion King, but it was so amazing! Definitely worth seeing, the CGI is GORGEOUS.

      Delete