Friday 9 July 2021

Recipe Round-Up: 1000 Vegan Recipes

Another mini round-up from 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson. You can see other posts from this book here.

Penne with White Beans, Red Chard, and Grape Tomatoes: Chard is called silverbeet here, and it is very rare to see any colour but the regular green. This recipe called for red chard, and miraculously I was able to find some! It makes for a pretty red colour alongside the tomatoes. I used 250g of pasta here rather than 450g, and if you are serving four with it, they were servings on the smaller side.
Rating: :)

Penne with White Beans, Red Chard, and Grape Tomatoes


Ziti with Catalan Vegetables: The vegetables called for here are eggplant and capsicum (red and yellow), but I used carrot and zucchini in place of the capsicum. The vegetabes are meant to be chard whole, then diced. I roasted them until soft, then quickly grilled them under the broiler. I once again halved the amount of pasta called for, but I added a tin of white beans.
Rating: :)

Ziti with Catalan Vegetables


Classic Tofu Lasagne: This classic version of lasagne uses two different types of tofu to make a ricotta, which is then layered with lasagne noodles and marinara. I always use the instant no-boil lasagne sheets when I make lasagne, which is because I cannot find any other sort of lasagne sheet here that doesn't have eggs in it. I thought this recipe could do with more marinara sauce, because they sauce layers ended up being pretty thin. It is finished off with some nut paremsan on top.
Rating: :)

Classic Tofu Lasagna


Classic Tofu Lasagna


Roasted Vegetable Lasagne: Tofu is used in a similar way here to create a ricotta, but the addition of roasted vegetables are also added into the layering. Zucchini, eggplant, and red onion (which I used instead of capsicum) are roasted. The recipe also has a variation for using portobello and butternut instead of zucchini and eggplant, which sounds like a wonderful autumn lasagne!
Rating: :)

Roasted Vegetable Lasagna


(% 1000 Vegan Recipes blogged: 31.1%)

2 comments:

  1. The irony here is that I can't find no boil lasagna noodles here without eggs! The lasagna looks so good, anyway!

    ReplyDelete