Wednesday 7 July 2021

Midweek Munchies

It's the middle of the week, and you know what that means.

Here is a recipe I made from a random blog! I think I must have seen someone post about it on Instagram, and then I went looking. It is the 20 Minute Vegan Egg Roll in a Bowl from The Cheeky Chickpea. I made a half recipe for two servings, used some V2 mince, left out spring onions because I didn't have any, used celery instead of water chestnuts, and double the amount of five spice because I love that. Served it over some rice. It was nice, but I should have made all the sauce because it was a bit dry. Double to sauce if you make this!

20 Minute Vegan Egg Roll in a Bowl from The Cheeky Chickpea Blog


The fancy Fine Cultures Port Cheddar cheese I had bought was nearing the best before date, so I figured that I had best use it up! I found these delicious rosemary crackers from Coles (they are good enough to just snack on plain) and put together a fancy little cheese plate with some cucumber, grapes, and spiced cherry paste. The cheese was really good, and I will definitely buy it again.

Cheese Plate


Cheese Plate


I also used some of the cheese and the spiced cherry paste (which I just found at the supermarket) with some V Bites Cheatin' Chicken slices to make a fancy toasted sandwich.

Fine Cultures cheese, cherry spice jam, chicken toastie


I got these breakfast sausages from the discount grocery store I had been to a while before, and had been storing them in the freezer. I was making a recipe with them (from a book, so that will eventually turn up on a round-up on the blog), and also did a little solo taste test. They do have some coconut oil in them, but not enought for me to notice. They are a bit on the smooshy side for sausages, but the flavour is not bad. I wouldn't buy them full price, but if I saw them on a good enough sale I'd get them again.

Meaty Gourmet Sausages


Woolworths now sells these little vegan apple crumble tarts. They are in the fridge section near the bakery section. You can eat them cold, or heat them up. I just ate them cold for instant gratification. They are very nice. Would be great heated up as well with some ice cream.

Woolworths Vegan Apple Crumble Tarts


Finally, a cool day calls for a hot mug of milky caffeine free bush chai with some mini dandies in it!

Chai with mini Dandies


No comments:

Post a Comment