Wednesday 14 July 2021

Midweek Munchies

Some fun adventures today!

You know by now that I am a fan of 'bangers and mash' with gravy. I had these Fry's sausages, which I already know that I like, and I served them with mashed potato, peas, and Celebrate Health Vegan Gravy. The gravy was just adequate, so many of these vegan gravies just do not get the proper umami rich depths I crave.

Sausages and Gravy


Sausages and Gravy


I saw this vegan quiche recipe from the wonderful Tammy on Instagram. It used some of that Flora Plant Cream, which I still had kicking around at the time. It also uses Orgran Easy Egg, like a Vegg-stule egg powder for making scrambles and the like, that I had lurking in my cupboard as well. It uses ready made puff pastry, and has asparagus and Tofurky Ham Deli Slices in it. Also topped off with some Sheese mozzarella shreds. Delicious!

Quiche from mrs.nordstrom.food Instagram


Quiche from mrs.nordstrom.food Instagram


I got these pies from a Cruelty Free Shop order when they were having a free-shipping special for their 20th birthday. They are pretty good, nice pastry, and a nice filling.

Cauliflower and Broccoli Pie


I always check out the plant-based meat sections of the supermarket to see if there is anything on sale, because that stuff is expensive and I generally don't buy it full price. This was a successful trip, as I found this Plant Asia Roast Pork marked down. I also picked up this nice Passage To Asia Hoisin and Garlic stir-fry sauce, so I could make a quick dinner one night. The pork was actually pretty good, it already has some flavour added to it. And has that nice sort of red outer layer. The sauce was also nice. I stir-fried it all up with some mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, and bean shoots. Served over rice.

Hoisin and Garlic Pork Stir-Fry


Hoisin and Garlic Pork Stir-Fry


Hoisin and Garlic Pork Stir-Fry


2 comments:

  1. Some vegan gravies really are sad! Sorry about you getting a disappointing batch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gravy really is better if I make it myself, but I keep on trying these ready made options just out of hope.

      Delete