Thursday 29 July 2021

Midweek Munchies

Kicking it off with some using stuff up burgers! Veef chicken patties are something that only recently became available to buy for the public, before that they were only available to restaurants. I had tried them, and they were good. Now, anyone can buy them! Though they are only available at specific stores, not widespread supermarkets. I had some other stuff to use up, so I made these fun burgers. Some Sheese cheddar slices, sliced pineapple, sauerkraut, and some Vegan Special Sauce that I had got for free because it was a day past its best before date. Also not pictured in the initial photo, but you can see on the burger, some A&T vegan bacon slices. All on some of the Fry's Brioche buns, which are now my favourite way to bun a burger. It was a really great comination! Glad I didn't pay full price for the vegan special sauce, because it was just a bit bland. Needed stronger flavours. But with everything else, this was a good burger.

Veef Chicken and Bacon Burgers


Veef Chicken and Bacon Burgers


Abundance is a new addition to brands of frozen meals, and this is their vegan option. I really liked the flavours in it. The only downside is that while my mouth loves edamame, my tummy doesn't always. There was also some capsicum to pick out. I also added some chopped Japanese flavour tofu to this, because it was screaming out for tofu to me.

Abundance Japanese Stir-Fry


My final packet of this stevia (blergh) sweetened pudding mix. This time I used a mix of sweetened rice cream I had frozen in my freezer for ages, and oat milk. The rice cream made it whip up very thick. I also served it with some blueberry jam. Trying to take away the stevia taste by smothering it with sugar and other sweeteners! This was probably the best version I made of it. Glad to have finally gotten rid of them from my pantry, and will not be buying again.

Strawberry Pudding and Blueberry Jam


I found some Keep It Cleaner Chocolate and Peanut Truffles on super sale clearance in the fridge section. They were just OK. Super hard it you eat then straight out of the fridge though, you need to let them warm up a bit. The peanut was not a very prominent flavour. A few weeks later I found some of the plain chocolate ones on clearance sale, and they were much nicer. They had almost a malted chocolate flavour to them.

Keep It Cleaner Chocolate and Peanut Truffles


I got some of these Suzy Spoon Seitan Fillets on sale at The Green Edge. As much as I know that seitan is pretty easy to make, sometimes I just want to cut out the extra step. These are pretty good and handy to have, and they have a good taste and texture. They'll be appearing in some upcoming meals.

Suzie Spoon Seitan Fillets


Finally, just some lovely toast. I had peanut butter, defrosted frozen raspberries, and cinnamon. It was a great way to start a day, but also makes a good afternoon snack as well.

Peanut Butter Raspberry Cinnamon Toast


8 comments:

  1. Seitan is both easy and not easy to make, from my perspective. I still haven't figured out exactly how long to knead it. If I ever do, I'll have cracked some mystical code. Until then, I will often buy it, too.

    What a pretty toast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You inspired the pretty toast with all your pretty toasts.

      Delete
  2. Oh, thanks for posting this toast idea! I have the end of a bag of raspberries in the freezer and I'm gonna love eating them this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two packets of that Simply Delish vegan jello in my pantry. Awhile ago I gave up sugar for a bit and found the jello on clearance. It's so bad!! I saw the pudding somewhere and saw that it has stevia too and passed. It's so funny that it needs sugar to cover up the taste of the sugar substitute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with the sugar, there is still that aftertaste. Yuck yuck yuck.

      Delete
  4. I am probably one of a handful of people that *loves* that Simply Delish stuff ha ha ha. But it's one of the only vegan jello mixes around here so we usually have a few in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I am glad you enjoy them! There must be enough people who do enjoy them, since they seem to be pretty common in a lot of places these days.

      Delete