Thursday 22 July 2021

Midweek Munchies

Some fails, some fine foods, and a favourite.

I need to really give up on trying to find decent cheesy vegan chips. These Cheezie Straws promised cheezy delights, but the flavour just wasn't very strong and seemed to mealt off and disappear almost instantly.

Cheezie Straws


This chocolate was not so much a fail, just a bit of a letdown. I was super excited for this Black Cherry and Raspberry Ganache Truffle (with schisandra, whatever that is, for a bonus bit of silly), but it was just really underwhelming in terms of flavour and texture. I mean sure, it was fine, but for the cost of these little things (almost AU$6!) I wouldn't buy it again.

Loco Love Chocolate Cherry Truffle


Coles released their own brand of vegan cookie dough! I hadn't bought it, but I saw they had these on clearance for AU$3 (instead of AU$7) so I couldn't resist. I sampled some of the cookie dough raw, which was pretty good. And then I baked up a batch of cookies, which were nice! Could have been a bit more peanut buttery. I also made the cookies bigger and baked them for a bit longer.

Nature's Kitchen Dark Choc Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Dough


Nature's Kitchen Dark Choc Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Dough


Nature's Kitchen Dark Choc Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Dough


I've posted a lot about granola before, but here is some muesli I bought that was quite nice. I generally soaked it overnight to make overnight oats, but I think that is technically what you do with bircher anyway .

Carmen's Bircher Museli


Everyone was super excited that Veganz pizzas were coming to Australia! I was no exception. I ordered the Tricolore Pizza, which has tomatoes, basil, cauliflower sauce, and cheese. It was pretty nice as far as frozen pizzas go! It is available in some supermarkets as well now (in a few different flavours), so that is fun.

Veganz Tricolore Pizza


Veganz Tricolore Pizza


Ending on a high note! So Delicious Australia keeps forever changing their youghurt flavours, which is extremely frustrating, however they have introduced this delicious (hah) Vanilla and Hazelnut nutmilk yoghurt. It is SO GOOD. Unfortunately of late the space in the shops where this should be has been empty, so I hope they are not getting rid of it.

So Delicious Vanilla Hazelnut Youghurt


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is so good! Goes with so many things, isn't too sweet, and just a great flavour.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, that yoghurt sounds great to me too! Will keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete