Wednesday 30 June 2021

Midweek Munchies

Some random fun things... and a not so fun thing.

I found these in the depths of my freezer. I bought them at The Green Edge ages ago. They were suffering from a bit of freezer burn, but they were OK. Just a bit tough. I used some to serve with a polenta dish (wait for that in a recipe round-up) and some in some breakfast waffles (which will also be another recipe round-up).

Sol Cuisine Breakfast Sausage Patties


A quick dinner night, these Beevee strips and a packet of Chinese Beef Stir-Fry sauce. I stir-fried it all up with some vegetables I had kicking around in the fridge and served over rice.

Chinese Beef Stir-Fry


Chinese Beef Stir-Fry


I bought these from a Cruelty Free Shop order when they had a free shipping special a while ago. When the order arrived, I realised that I had accidentally ordered two packets. After trying them, I wish I had ordered more. These are SO GOOD! Crispy and cinnamony and I could just snack and snack and snack.

CInnamon Sugar Pita Breaks


I was at a fun food shop on their discount day, and they had Buchi on tap. This was a rose and berry flavoured kefir, and it was DELICIOUS! I am sad it is not one of their regular flavours that they have available in regular shops in bottles, because I would drink it a lot.

Rose and Berry Buchi


Remember I mentioned I not so fun thing? This was it. This Made with Plants Bangers and Mash... which has some of the worse bangers (aka sausages) I have ever tried. They are smooshy and gross and they have a casing that just sort of peels off it in these gelatinous sheets and they don't even taste good. The potatoes and gravy are nice, but it doesn't save it. And you know what this doofus did? Bought it again because I had forgotten how bad they were (a lot of stuff from earlier this year is very fuzzy to me) and then remembered when I was eating it for the second time just how horrible the sausages in this are.

Made with Plants Bangers & Mash


Made with Plants Bangers & Mash


Ending on a better note, Coles released these vegan Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am not a big caramel fan, and these cookies really do verge on being too sweet. But they are pretty good as an occasional treat. (And by occasional I mean for me, because of the sweetness, if you want to eat a whole packet, go for it, I judge not!).

Coles Vegan Chocolate Chip and Salted Caramel Cookies


Coles Vegan Chocolate Chip and Salted Caramel Cookies


2 comments:

  1. I always wonder about those Sol sausages. I've tried one of their veggie burgers or maybe it was tenders, anyway I didn't love it.
    OMG, I am a sucker for any kind of vegan caramel, but sometimes it can be almost too sweet!
    Those sausages sound hideous, I swear I got the chills thinking about the casing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't rush out to get the Sol again. I have a recipe for some homemade breakfast patties that I like better.

      The casing on those sausages was basically a horror movie.

      Delete