Wednesday 2 June 2021

Midweek Munchies

Munchies that I munched.

My friend posted about loving this chocolate, and then I found a block of it the next day. So it seemed like fate. This brand of chocolate is on the Food Empowerment Project Recommended Chocolate List, and I really like their raspberry one. This one was just OK. There is another brand of chocolate with crunch in it that I enjoy more.

Bennetto Amaranth and Sea Salt Chocolate


Fun with cheese! Even though both of these have coconut oil in them, as long as I don't go overboard it is not enough to make me feel unwell, and I do enjoy these cheeses. The feta I have spoken about previously. It isn't really crumbly like I remember feta being, but it is good. I got some of this from The Green Edge, and then I scored some from the Discount Grocery Outlet later. The slices are sold in Coles Supermarket, which is handy and makes them easy to get. They are good on burgers and grilled cheese.

Sheese


A little fancy snacking session at my friend Amy's place. This dip from Coles was nice, but these sweet carrot crackers stole the show. They were really nice. I can't remember where I got them, so I am always on the look out again.

Coles Cauliflower and Fennel Dip; Peckish Sweet Carrot Crackers


This Pho kit is handily vegan, and was a quick meal for me and my dad one night. Inside everything was split into two lots of packages, so you could just make it for one if you wanted and keep the rest for later. It is all shelf stable. I added tofu, lots more vegetables than it said, and coriander. It was nice, though I didn't get much chance to taste the broth because my dad somehow took it all and mine was more like noodles than soup!

Mr Chu's Vegetarian Pho


Mr Chu's Vegetarian Pho


A very quick lunch of Sheese cheddar slices, Salada crackers, and tomato. With some cucumber on the side. This became a bit of a regular on my depression lunch schedule as it involved very little effort.

Sheese and Tomato Crackers


I had this soup pack kicking around in my cupboard for ages, so I made it one day when I needed something simple. You just add hot water. It is OK, a bit blah in flavour, and is quite thick with quinoa and rice. I served it with a grilled Sheese sandwich.

Soup and Grilled Sheese


Soup and Grilled Sheese


7 comments:

  1. Cheese, crackers, cucumber, and tomato make a great lunch when you don't have much in you to give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pho looks good!! I love a good meal kit! And I wish we could get Sheese here! I ordered some once long ago, and it was good! That melty grilled Sheese sandwich looks amazing. I've also been eating lots of cheese and crackers lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheese went away here for a long time, but has come back in the last couple of years. I still prefer the original formulation, and they used to have more fun flavours (I would eat the smoked cheddar just straight out of the fridge), but glad to have it back in some form.

      Delete
  3. Sprouts was selling Sheese for awhile, and I was always waiting for it to go on sale, and now I haven't seen it in ages!!!
    Cheese and crackers is such a great meal. Isn't it nice that there are vegan cheeses that taste good cold? I remember not too long ago cheese and crackers were not an option if you valued your taste buds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always enjoyed the old Sheese blocks cold. And their slices are not bad. Certainly would never want to eat a Daiya slice cold!

      Delete
  4. I really like those carrot crackers, too! I've just had them at a friend's house, and I similarly need to keep an eye out of them.

    ReplyDelete